Explore your itinerary
Optional Experiences are enhancements to your tour and can be booked through your Travel Director while on trip. Explore the Optional Experiences available on this itinerary; subject to change.
Welcome to the multicultural melting pot that is London – its culture and heritage shaped by the nations that once contributed to its great empire are found around every turn. Spend your day easing into the energy of a cosmopolitan city that effortlessly blends old and new and is the perfect springboard to a grand adventure through Britain and Ireland.
HotelPark Plaza Riverbank
Join your Local Specialist today to see the iconic sights, including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Spend the rest of the day at leisure, meandering through the picturesque Royal Parks, shopping for the best of British wares on Carnaby Street or delving into natural history and royal heritage at one of the many fascinating museums.
HotelPark Plaza Riverbank
Meet your Travel Director this morning and travel to Stratford-upon-Avon. Venture through the lush green countryside of Warwickshire to Stratford-upon-Avon to delve into the lyrical legacy of one of the world's favorite writers. Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Center and see Anne Hathaway's cottage, before arriving in York. Wander along its cobbled Shambles and ancient city walls, and see the magnificent York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening, we join our Travel Director and travel companions for a delicious Yorkshire dinner in our hotel.
HotelLeonardo Hotel Leeds
HighlightsLondon, Stratford-upon-Avon, York
Journeying through Northumberland National Park’s dramatic landscapes, we arrive at the remarkably intact ruins of the 12th-century Jedburgh Abbey en route to the enchanting Scottish capital, Edinburgh. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
HighlightsYork, Jedburgh, Edinburgh
Join your Local Specialist this morning for a sightseeing tour through Auld Reekie's elegant New Town, Princes Street and the Royal Mile, enjoying views of the exquisite Palace of Holyroodhouse and Arthur's Seat. Embark on a guided visit of Edinburgh Castle, perched atop Castle Rock. Later, consider a traditional Scottish night out this evening, savoring up the flavors of haggis and exhilarating sounds of bagpipes which fill the air.
Today, we travel across the Firth of Forth to St. Andrews to view its celebrated ancient university and explore centuries of golf heritage. Our next stop is Pitlochry on the banks of the Tummel River. You could choose to join an Optional Experience to visit Blair Castle, the ancestral home to the Dukes of Atholl. We continue to the Scottish Highlands, our home for two nights.
HighlightsEdinburgh, St. Andrews, Pitlochry, Scottish Highlands
Drive to the rugged coast of Scotland this morning, passing scenic Eilean Donan Castle. We cross to the Isle of Skye, admire the spectacular scenery before enjoying free time for lunch. A Local Specialist will take us on a journey to admire the remarkable Cuillin Mountain. Cross back to the mainland and continue past the lochs and glens of the Scottish Highlands.
HighlightsScottish Highlands, Isle of Skye, Scottish Highlands
Our first stop today is the World War II Commando Memorial, near Fort William, for views of Britain's highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Continue south through the 'Glen of Weeping', paying tribute to the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred for failing to pledge allegiance to Scotland's new monarchs. Arriving in Glasgow, we enjoy an orientation tour including views of the Cathedral and magnificent George Square. We'll also visit the Necropolis where we’ll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into one of Europe's most important 19th-century burial grounds.
HighlightsScottish Highlands, Glasgow
Cross the border into England and Connect With Locals, joining Christine on her Cumbrian working farm for a Be My Guest experience. Learn about traditional farming methods and enjoy lunch before continuing your journey through the beautiful Lake District and its landscapes that have inspired poets and painters for centuries. See Lake Windermere, England's largest lake, before traveling to Liverpool, the haunt of Britain's ‘Fab Four'.
HotelMercure Atlantic Tower
The half-timbered Tudor Rows in Chester are our first stop today as we travel to Holyhead in North Wales to catch our ferry across the Irish Sea to Dublin.
HighlightsLiverpool, Chester, Holyhead, Dublin
Dive Into Culture and visit the Guinness Storehouse to learn about Ireland's famous brew, before delving into Dublin’s iconic sights with a Local Specialist. See Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral and the stately Georgian Squares. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure or consider a trip to Glendalough. This evening you could choose to join an Optional Experience at an Irish Cabaret.
Journey to the West Coast and the vibrant cultural center of Galway, where you will have an opportunity to see Galway Cathedral and Eyre Square, with its tribute to former US president John F. Kennedy, before traveling to Limerick.
HighlightsDublin, Galway, Limerick
Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world, circling the spectacular Ring of Kerry. Later, we check into our Stays With Stories hotel, the historic Maldron Shandon. Originally Cork’s first general hospital opened in 1720, the building has a colorful history that has seen it survive wars, political upheaval, fire and calls for it to be demolished before it opened its doors as a grand hotel.
HotelVienna Woods Hotel
HighlightsLimerick, Ring of Kerry, Cork
In the pursuit of acquiring the 'gift of the gab', we visit Blarney Castle where you might kiss the famous Blarney Stone, before stopping in Cobh for a walking tour with a Local Specialist. This seaside city was the final port of call for the tragic Titanic on its fateful voyage. This afternoon, we Dive Into Culture during a visit to the House of Waterford Crystal and witness talented master craftsmen at work.
HighlightsCork, Blarney, Cobh, Waterford, Wexford
We cross the Irish Sea to Wales and its capital, Cardiff, where we will see the Principality Stadium and view the Millennium Center, National Assembly and Cardiff Castle.
Cross the Severn Estuary to Bath, so named for the ancient Roman Baths that have made the city a popular retreat for centuries. Admire the elegant Georgian façades and visit the Roman Baths, before some free time to explore on your own. We wind our way to mystical Glastonbury to visit the 7th-century Abbey where King Arthur is believed to be buried. Later, we arrive in the city of Plymouth, our home for two nights.
HotelCopthorne, Mercure Rougemont
HighlightsCardiff, Bath, Glastonbury, Plymouth
The springboard to a 'New World' takes center stage as we start our day with an orientation of Plymouth. View the Mayflower Steps, where brave pilgrims embarked on their epic voyage to America, and see the Royal Citadel overlooking Plymouth Sound. Visit the fishing village of Polperro with its narrow streets and picturesque harbor, before enjoying a scenic drive through the brooding landscapes of Dartmoor, keeping a keen eye out for the area’s wild ponies. Our epic adventure through Britain and Ireland almost at its end, we join our travel companions and Travel Director for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
HotelCopthorne, Mercure Rougemont
HighlightsPlymouth, Polperro, Plymouth
Meander across the Salisbury Plain and visit the mystical ancient monoliths of Stonehenge, whose myths have yet to be fully revealed. We journey back to London this afternoon where we spend our final evening at leisure.
HotelPark Plaza Riverbank
HighlightsPlymouth, Stonehenge, London
Say a fond farewell to Britain and Ireland as you prepare to return home with treasured memories of your trip.
- All transport and transfers shown
- London: The services of a Brendan Vacations Local Host when you stay at Brendan Vacations's recommended London hotel
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- London: Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Brendan Vacations recommended London hotel, booked through Brendan Vacations
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return ferry across the Irish Sea between Wales and Ireland
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- 18 Breakfast (B)
- 4 Dinner (D)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Hesket Newmarket: Meet Christine and enjoy a few hours of Cumbria farm-life with a traditional Be My Guest lunch and some Highland cow company thrown in for good measure.
- Glasgow: Visit the Necropolis in Glasgow, one of Europe's most significant burial grounds.
- Dublin: Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world’s most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness.
- Waterford: Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- York: Your Travel Director will show you the York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles during your orientation of the city.
- Jedburgh: See the impressive 12th-century Jedburgh Abbey that dominates the center of town.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Specialist as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the King, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit Pitlochry, famous for its salmon leap.
- Eilean Donan: Stop for a photo of this gorgeous castle.
- Isle of Skye: View the Cuillin Mountains on a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist.
- Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings of Glasgow, including George Square.
- Lake District: Drive through the hauntingly beautiful Lakes District, immortalized by literary greats of the Romantic Movement.
- Chester: See the Jubilee Clock, cathedral, city walls, and famous black and white Rows.
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Galway: Explore the historic heart of Galway. See landmarks such as the Spanish Arch and the cathedral, or perhaps admire the distinctive Claddagh rings.
- Ring of Kerry: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts! Visit Blarney Castle and see the famous Stone of Eloquence.
- Cobh: Join a Local Specialist on a walking tour through the historic port city of Cobh.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales' capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- Bath: Admire UNESCO-listed Bath, with its elegant Georgian façades and the bimillenial Roman Baths from which the city takes its name.
- Glastonbury: Visit the historic Glastonbury Abbey. Founded in the 7th century, its ruins are now registered as a Grade I listed building.
- Plymouth: During an orientation tour with your Travel Director, see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel before continuing to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps.
- Polperro: Visit the picturesque harbor of Polperro's Heritage Coastline.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
- Bath: Visit the incredibly well-preserved Roman Baths. Discover 2000 years of history and learn how this hub of culture is pioneering new educational investments to benefit the community. Its school educational program actively supports local schools and students to learn about the cultural heritage of the region. The Roman Baths experience advances UN Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education.
- : Explore London, Edinburgh, the Isle of Skye, Dublin and Cobh with a Local Specialist
- : Discover York, Glasgow, Chester, Galway, Cork, Cardiff, Bath and Plymouth
- : Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Edinburgh Castle, Isle of Skye, the Necropolis in Glasgow, the Guinness Storehouse, EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum, Blarney Castle, the Waterford Crystal Showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath, Glastonbury Abbey, the fishing village of Polperro and Stonehenge
- : View Eilean Donan Castle, Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage, York Minster and the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth
- : See Galway Cathedral and the Principality Stadium in Cardiff
- : Scenic Drive around the Ring of Kerry
- : Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
Copthorne, Mercure Rougemont
Leonardo Hotel Leeds
Mercure Atlantic Tower
Park Plaza Riverbank
Vienna Woods Hotel
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20| BN#776064719 | TICO # R50025597 and W50025598