Explore your itinerary
Optional Experiences are enhancements to your tour and can be booked through your Travel Director while on trip. Explore the Optional Experiences available on this itinerary; subject to change.
The cosmopolitan capital that is London is yours to explore today - the perfect launch pad to discover what's great about Great Britain. Spend the day relaxing in the Royal Parks, amble along the Thames or visit one of the many museums showcasing the art, culture and antiquities of what was once the British Empire.
Join a Local Specialist today for a memorable encounter with London's most iconic sights. See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey where Britain's kings and queens have been crowned for centuries. Spend the rest of the day exploring London on your terms - shop for the best of British on Carnaby Street, admire the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus or visit 'The City' with Christopher Wren's great St. Paul's Cathedral.
This morning meet your Travel Director. The 'Bard of Avon' and his legacy take center stage as we travel to Stratford-upon-Avon to view Anne Hathaway's picturesque thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor center before heading to York and Leeds, where we'll enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and get to know our Travel Director and travel companions.
HotelLeonardo Hotel Leeds
MealsBreakfast, Welcome Reception
HighlightsLondon, Stratford-upon-Avon, York, Leeds
We venture north to the medieval market town of Alnwick with its impressive castle and Tenantry Column, upon which the Percy Lion sits imposingly overlooking the town’s beautiful gardens. Enjoy a scenic drive north to the enchanting capital of Edinburgh.
HighlightsLeeds, Alnwick, Edinburgh
Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, overlooking the town from Castle Rock. See the quaint Royal Mile, Palace of Holyroodhouse and new Scottish Parliament building. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
We continue north to the historic town of St. Andrews, home to the oldest golf course in the world. View the famous 18th green which the golfing greats have clamoured to play on for centuries, before heading to picturesque Pitlochry and our overnight stop in the Scottish Highlands.
HighlightsEdinburgh, St. Andrews, Pitlochry, Scottish Highlands
View the site of the bloody Battle of Culloden, where Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of Jacobites were defeated in 1746. Then meander through the scenic Scottish Highlands along the banks of Loch Ness in search of Nessie. We’ll view the 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle where three lochs meet before traveling to the Isle of Skye where we dine in our hotel tonight.
HighlightsScottish Highlands, Culloden, Loch Ness, Isle of Skye
Journey past the site of the tragic 1692 massacre at Glencoe, known as the ‘Glen of Weeping' before heading to the Scottish cultural capital, Glasgow, where our orientation tour includes views of the Cathedral and the magnificent George Square, lined with statues of Great Britain's most celebrated sons.
HotelHilton Garden Inn City Center
HighlightsIsle of Skye, Glencoe, Glasgow
We visit Falkirk Wheel where you'll Dive Into Culture learning about the legacy of Scotland's canals and experience the world's only rotating boat lift. The runaway wedding capital of Gretna Green is our next stop today. See where eloping couples would make their vows over the Marriage Anvil before crossing the border and arriving in Grasmere, where famous Romantic poet William Wordsworth wrote his famous ‘Daffodils' poem. See Lake Windermere, England's largest lake, before arriving at your hotel.
HotelCastle Green, Lancaster House
HighlightsGlasgow, Gretna Green, Lake District
We travel to the bold British city of Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'. Saunter through its edgy Scouse streets during your evening at leisure.
HotelLeonardo Hotel Liverpool, Mercure Atlantic Tower
HighlightsLake District, Liverpool
Travel to the ancient town of Chester where your orientation tour will take you past its Roman walls and famous Tudor 'Rows'. We continue along the scenic North Wales Coast to the island of Anglesey en route to Holyhead. Cross the Irish Sea to Dublin, the charismatic Irish capital.
HotelClayton Cardiff Lane
HighlightsLiverpool, Chester, Dublin
Beat the crowds and gain entry to the Guinness Storehouse before general admission. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and embark on a tour and tasting technique demonstration. Later, we join a Local Specialist to see St. Patrick's Cathedral and other iconic sights. The rest of the day is yours to explore the Irish capital. Amble along Grafton Street with its colorful performers, head to Temple Bar or stroll through Phoenix Park, Dublin's playground.
HotelClayton Cardiff Lane
This morning, cross the border to Northern Ireland. We meet our Local Specialist 'Cabbie' who will take us on a journey through the recent history of Belfast in their taxi. Spend the rest of the day at leisure perhaps exploring the Titanic Quarter to learn more about this ill-fated ship.
HotelRadisson Blu Hotel Belfast
This morning, visit Giant's Causeway, an area of about 40,000 interlocking ballast columns, a UNESCO World Heritage site in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and one of the most iconic natural wonders in the United Kingdom. Our visit will Make Travel Matter by helping to conserve this iconic natural landmark. In Londonderry, walk along the 17th-century walls with your Local Specialist and see the streets and murals of the Bogside. Known as the People's Gallery, the murals depict the history of the 'troubles'. Later view the Donegal castle that was once the stronghold of the O'Donnell clan before continuing to your hotel where you will enjoy a dinner tonight.
HighlightsBelfast, Giant's Causeway, Londonderry, County Donegal
This morning, we stop in Galway to see the stone Cathedral that was built on the site of an old prison, and stroll around Eyre Square with its tribute to John F. Kennedy.
HighlightsCounty Donegal, Galway
We'll visit the dramatic Cliffs of Moher along the Wild Atlantic Way, where we’ll stop for an experience you’ll never forget. Your visit helps preserve the untouched beauty of this UNESCO-listed natural treasure and you’ll feel like you’ve been swept back to an ancient time with none of the distractions of the modern day. Visit the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Center and watch enchanted how the extraordinary natural phenomena of this rare and stunning place comes to life in an interactive way you wouldn’t ordinarily get to see. You’ll get a bird’s eye view of the cliffs, soaring above and around them, the quirky looking colonies of Atlantic Puffin that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies, and explore beneath the pounding Atlantic waves revealing the layers and layers of rock that have formed over 300 million years. We then continue to Limerick to view St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and King John's Castle, the tallest spire in Ireland. Our drive continues through picturesque Adare, one of Ireland's prettiest villages, before arriving in Killarney, our home for the next two nights.
HotelThe Rose Hotel Tralee
HighlightsGalway, Cliffs of Moher, Limerick, Killarney
Today, we stop in Killarney on our way to the enchanting Ring of Kerry where Ireland's enduring natural beauty is our welcome companion as we circle past the fishing village of Waterville, Black Valley and Moll's Gap.
HotelThe Rose Hotel Tralee
HighlightsKillarney, Ring of Kerry, Killarney
In pursuit of the 'gift of the gab', we kiss the Blarney Stone, before continuing to the House of Waterford Crystal where we will enjoy a fascinating Dive Into Culture demonstration with master craftsmen.
HighlightsKillarney, Blarney, Waterford
Cross the Irish Sea to Wales and continue your journey through beautiful countryside to arrive in its capital. Explore Cardiff’s iconic sights – the Principality Stadium, Millennium Center and Victorian fantasy Cardiff Castle at its heart.
HotelHoliday Inn City Center
Arriving in Bath, we admire the city’s elegant Georgian façades and ancient Roman Baths from which it derives its name. This afternoon we head to Somerset for a Be My Guest experience with Ian & Ann Dyer on their modern-day dairy farm. Later we continue to Plymouth, our home for the next two nights.
HighlightsCardiff, Bath, Plymouth
Embark on an orientation tour and see the Royal Citadel and Mayflower Steps, where brave pilgrims embarked on their epic voyage to the New World centuries ago. Explore the Cornish peninsula and visit the seaside villages of Looe and Polperro.
HighlightsPlymouth, Looe, Polperro, Plymouth
The mystical ancient monoliths at Stonehenge are our first stop. Ponder their myths that remain largely unsolved before traveling to London.
HighlightsPlymouth, Stonehenge, London
Say goodbye to your fellow travelers as you leave London and return home with special memories.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- London: The services of a Brendan Vacations Local Host when you stay at Brendan Vacations's recommended London hotel
- London: Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Brendan Vacations recommended London hotel, booked through Brendan Vacations
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Irish Sea from Ireland to South Wales
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- 22 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 6 Dinner (D)
- 1 Lunch (L)
- Somerset: Enjoy a Be My Guest lunch with the Dyer family on their 15th-century dairy farm in Somerset complete with home-made ice-cream.
- Falkirk: Visit Falkirk Wheel to learn about Scotland's canal system at the world's only rotating boat lift.
- Dublin: Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world’s most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness.
- Belfast: Experience Belfast from the comfort of your dedicated Black Cab with expert 'Cabbie' commentary.
- Waterford: Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- Alnwick: See the impressive Alnwick Castle and Tenantry Column during a visit of this traditional county town.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Specialist as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the King, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Pitlochry: Visit Pitlochry, famous for its salmon leap.
- Inverness: At the exciting Culloden Visitor Center, discover why the Battle of Culloden lasted only an hour yet changed the Highland way of life forever.
- Scottish Highlands: Admire picturesque lochs and glens as you travel through the Scottish Highlands.
- Eilean Donan: Stop for a photo of this gorgeous castle.
- Glencoe: Visit this Highland village on Loch Leven.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings of Glasgow, including George Square.
- Gretna Green: Visit the famous spot where runaway lovers were married.
- Lake District: Drive through the hauntingly beautiful Lakes District, immortalized by literary greats of the Romantic Movement.
- Chester: See the Jubilee Clock, cathedral, city walls, and famous black and white Rows.
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Londonderry: With a Local Specialist explore inside the city walls. See the Gothic Guildhall and the Georgian houses of Shipquay Street.
- Galway: Explore the historic heart of Galway. See landmarks such as the Spanish Arch and the cathedral, or perhaps admire the distinctive Claddagh rings.
- Lahinch: Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Center and look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Limerick: See Limerick's iconic landmarks during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Ring of Kerry: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts! Visit Blarney Castle and see the famous Stone of Eloquence.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales' capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- Bath: Admire UNESCO-listed Bath, with its elegant Georgian façades and the bimillenial Roman Baths from which the city takes its name.
- Cornwall: See Plymouth's famed landmarks and explore typical seaside villages during an orientation of the Cornish peninsula.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
- London: See London's iconic sites with a Local Specialist.
- Bushmills: In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark.
- : Explore London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Belfast and Londonderry with a Local Specialist
- : Discover York, Glasgow, Chester, Galway, Limerick, Cardiff, Bath, Plymouth and Salisbury
- : Visit Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, medieval Alnwick, Edinburgh Castle, Isle of Skye, Falkirk Wheel, Guinness Storehouse, the Giants Causeway, Blarney Castle to kiss the stone, Waterford Crystal Showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath and the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge
- : View York Minster, Culloden Battlefield, Eilean Donan Castle, the 18th hole at St. Andrews, the magnificent Cliffs of Moher and the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth
- : Scenic Drive around the Ring of Kerry and on a Cornish Excursion
- : Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
Clayton Cardiff Lane
Hilton Garden Inn City Center
Holiday Inn City Center
Leonardo Hotel Leeds
Leonardo Hotel Liverpool, Mercure Atlantic Tower
Radisson Blu Hotel Belfast
The Rose Hotel Tralee
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20| BN#776064719 | TICO # R50025597 and W50025598