Explore your itinerary
Optional Experiences are enhancements to your tour and can be booked through your Travel Director while on trip. Explore the Optional Experiences available on this itinerary; subject to change.
The 'Emerald Isle' puts its best foot forward in this iconic exploration of its soul-stirring landscapes. We kick off our epic journey along the walled gardens and rambling walks of Powerscourt Gardens. Its sweeping terraces, ornamental lakes and over 200 varieties of trees and shrubs ensure it befits its status as one of the most beautiful gardens in Ireland. Enjoy a Welcome Dinner this evening to get to know your fellow travelers.
Lyrics and legends await this morning as we join a Local Specialist on a city tour to visit St. Patrick's Cathedral, where Jonathan Swift was once installed as Dean. We admire the colorful doorways in the stately Georgian Squares and stroll along the cobbled courtyard of Trinity College and see the Book of Kells. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to soak up the charisma of this city. Wander along Grafton Street and see its lively performers, stop for a pint of the 'Black Stuff' in Temple Bar or relax in St. Stephen's Green.
We leave the hospitality of Dublin behind for County Kilkenny, on route we stop in Waterford where we have free time for lunch, or perhaps join a walking tour with a local specialist. We continue south to the lively city of Cork, enjoying a free evening to discover its sights, sounds and flavors.
HotelVienna Woods Hotel
Head to Blarney in pursuit of the 'gift of the gab'. Kiss the fabled Stone then head west to the lakeside setting of Killarney, our springboard to the enduring beauty of the Ring of Kerry.
HighlightsCork, Blarney, Killarney
Circle the scenic Ring of Kerry admiring its famous 'forty shades of green' and seeing first-hand the scenic landscapes that have inspired writers and poets for centuries. Perhaps join a Local Specialist for a scenic guided walk at Torc Waterfall, strolling over wooded paths and lakeshore trails.
HighlightsKillarney, Ring of Kerry, Killarney
Begin the day enchanted by the wild landscapes, you’ll continue along the Wild Atlantic Way to Connect With Locals and meet local horticulturalist, Oonagh, who’ll teach you how to forage before our Be My Guest visit to the Barrtra Seafood restaurant. Oonagh will reveal the importance of sustainable food experiences and you’ll learn how everything on your plate has been bought locally, perhaps inspired to buy local produce when you return home. Our up-close encounter with Ireland's irresistible beauty continues, as we journey north to the towering Cliffs of Moher. Admire the dramatic cliffs that rise 200 meters above the pounding Atlantic and survey the endless ocean views that will leave you with many stories to share when you return home. Beyond the endless views and the opportunity to capture on film the colonies of curious-looking puffins that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies, you’ll have an opportunity to visit the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience which really brings this natural phenomenon to life in an interactive way, leaving you with a deep understanding of this special place. Your next overnight stop is Galway where you can really get under the skin of this cultural capital and indulge your love for music, art and good times.
HotelMaldron Sandy Road
HighlightsKillarney, Cliffs of Moher, Galway
Dive Into Culture at the Connemara Celtic Crystal Factory, watching master craftsmen carve Connemara crystal. Then enjoy an orientation tour of Galway with plenty of free time afterwards to explore this vibrant city on your own.
HotelMaldron Sandy Road
A rugged realm of mountains, lakes, rivers and villages provides a stunning backdrop for our leisurely drive through Connemara – an unspoilt region of western Ireland that was immortalized in John Wayne's 'The Quiet Man'. We'll visit Kylemore Abbey and ramble through its exquisite Victorian walled garden. Later, board 'The Isle of Innisfree' for an exclusive cruise on shimmering Lough Corrib. Captain Patrick, Ashford Castle's Local Specialist, will share his local knowledge as you glide through its peaceful waters. Upon disembarking, a lone piper will escort you over the drawbridge to Ashford Castle, one of Brendan Vacations's Stays With Stories, where tonight you will dine as lords and ladies at an elegant royal dining experience (gentlemen are requested to wear a jacket).
HighlightsGalway, Connemara, Cong
Indulge in the sumptuous surrounds of Ashford Castle. Stroll around its exquisite estate and admire its lavish interiors before you return to Dublin. Spend the rest of the afternoon delving into the centuries-old history of the Irish capital. This evening, it's time to reminisce over shared memories at a delicious Farewell Dinner.
As the curtain falls on a memorable journey with new friends, we say a fond slán go fóill to Dublin and the 'Emerald Isle'. Find out more about your free airport transfer at http://www.https://www.brendanvacations.com//freetransfers
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon estuary
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- 5 Dinner (D)
- 9 Breakfast (B)
- Connemara: Visit the Connemara Celtic Crystal Factory and witness master craftsmen bring these intricate crystal designs to life.
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts! Visit Blarney Castle and see the famous Stone of Eloquence.
- Ring of Kerry: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
- Lahinch: Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
- Galway: Explore the historic heart of Galway. See landmarks such as the Spanish Arch and the cathedral, or perhaps admire the distinctive Claddagh rings.
- Kylemore Abbey amp; Victorian Walled Garden: Visit the turreted Neo-Gothic Kylemore Abbey. This monastery was founded in 1920 for Benedictine Nuns who fled Belgium in World War I.
- Sligo: Take in one of County Sligo's natural jewels on a cruise and learn about the isle's historic significance with Captain Patrick.
- : Explore Dublin, Killarney National Park and Lough Corrib with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Killarney and Galway
- : Visit Powerscourt Gardens, St. Patrick's Cathedral and Trinity College in Dublin, Blarney Castle, Torc Waterfall, the Cliffs of Moher, Connemara Celtic Crystal Factory and Kylemore Abbey
- : See Dublin's Georgian Squares and Galway Cathedral
- : Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Cong: Built by the de Burgo family in the early 13th century, Ashford Castle is set in 140 hectares, on the picturesque shores of Lough Corrib.
Maldron Sandy Road
Vienna Woods Hotel
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20| BN#776064719 | TICO # R50025597 and W50025598