Explore your itinerary
Optional Experiences are enhancements to your tour and can be booked through your Travel Director while on trip. Explore the Optional Experiences available on this itinerary; subject to change.
The cosmopolitan capital that is London is yours to explore today - the perfect launch pad to discover what's great about Great Britain. Spend the day relaxing in the Royal Parks, amble along the Thames or visit one of the many museums showcasing the art, culture and antiquities of what was once the British Empire.
Join a Local Specialist today for a memorable encounter with London's most iconic sights. See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey where Britain's kings and queens have been crowned for centuries. Spend the rest of the day exploring London on your terms - shop for the best of British on Carnaby Street, admire the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus or visit 'The City' with Christopher Wren's great St. Pauls Cathedral.
Meet your Travel Director today before journeying west to the Wiltshire landscapes of Salisbury Plain where you'll ponder the myths of the ancient mystical megaliths at Stonehenge which remain largely unsolved to to this day. Continuing through Devon, arrive in the historic naval port of Plymouth, your home for the next two nights.
HotelCopthorne, Mercure Rougemont
MealsBreakfast, Welcome Reception
HighlightsLondon, Stonehenge, Plymouth
Embark on an orientation tour and see the Royal Citadel and Mayflower Steps. Explore the Cornish peninsula and visit the seaside villages of Looe and Polperro.
HotelCopthorne, Mercure Rougemont
HighlightsPlymouth, Looe, Polperro, Plymouth
Arriving in Bath, we admire the city's stylish Georgian façades and visit the ancient Roman Baths from which it derives its name. We continue to the vibrant Welsh capital, Cardiff, where we’ll have a free evening to enjoy this modern city's proud heritage.
HotelPark Inn by Radisson City Center
HighlightsPlymouth, Bath, Cardiff
This morning, we see Cardiff's iconic sights – the Principality Stadium, Millennium Center and Victorian fantasy castle before crossing the Irish Sea to Waterford, most famous for the delicate crystal that graces elegant homes the world over. This evening we dine in our hotel.
Our first stop today is at the House of Waterford Crystal where we Dive Into Culture, watching a demonstration with master craftsmen. In pursuit of the ‘gift of the gab', we journey to Blarney Castle where you'll have the chance to kiss the Blarney Stone, before arriving later in picturesque Killarney.
HighlightsWaterford, Blarney, Killarney
Ireland's enduring natural beauty accompanies our leisurely drive circling the enchanting Ring of Kerry. We pass the fishing village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley – renowned for being the last place in Ireland without power and telephone networks.
HighlightsKillarney, Ring of Kerry, Killarney
Stop in Limerick and view St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and King John's Castle. Next up is an unforgettable experience at the Cliffs of Moher where rugged cliffs plunge into the Atlantic, creating a beautifully dramatic coastline which has inspired artists, musicians and poets for centuries. You’ll visit the Visitor Center, a wonderfully engaging experience which brings one of Ireland’s most treasured natural phenomena to life in an interactive way that will leave you with stories to tell for years to come. Enjoy the IMAX-type multimedia which gives visitors a bird’s eye view of the cliffs or dive virtually beneath the surface of the Atlantic and into the underwater caves at the foot of the cliffs that would have otherwise gone unseen. Your next overnight stop in Galway is a real treat for culture buffs. Overnight in Ireland’s capital of music, song and dance and it’s the perfect place to dig deep into Ireland’s vibrant traditional arts scene first-hand.
HighlightsKillarney, Limerick, Cliffs of Moher, Galway
This morning see the great stone Galway Cathedral and stroll through Eyre Square, a tribute to former US president John F. Kennedy, who visited Galway in 1963. Enjoy an orientation of Sligo on your way to Donegal to see its 15th-century castle and explore the city your way before dining at your hotel.
HighlightsGalway, Sligo, County Donegal
We cross the Irish border into Northern Ireland, joining a Local Specialist in Londonderry to stroll along its 17th-century city walls. See the street murals of the Bogside before continuing to the mythical stepping stones of the Giant's Causeway for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. Our visit to the haunt of Finn McCool will help to conserve this iconic natural landmark. Our final stop today is in Belfast, where we'll enjoy an orientation, followed by free time to explore the capital city's sights.
HotelAC by Marriott
HighlightsCounty Donegal, Londonderry, Giant's Causeway, Belfast
We spend the morning with a Local Specialist 'Cabbie' who will take us on a journey through the recent history of Belfast in their taxi. Heading south to Dublin later, we see St. Patrick's Cathedral and other iconic sights in the company of a Local Specialist. Tonight, consider an Optional Experience to enjoy the rousing sounds and warm hospitality of a traditional Irish Cabaret performance.
HotelThe Address Hotel Connolly, Hampton by Hilton Dublin City Center.
Today you'll gain entry to the Guinness Storehouse. Here you’ll Dive Into Culture and embark on a self-guided tour finishing at the Gravity Bar where you can sip on a pint of the black stuff while overlooking Dublin. The rest of the day is yours to explore the Irish capital. Amble along Grafton Street with its colorful performers, head to Temple Bar or stroll through St. Stephen's Green.
HotelThe Address Hotel Connolly, Hampton by Hilton Dublin City Center.
Cross the Irish Sea to Wales and continue to the ancient town of Chester, where your orientation tour will take you past its Roman walls and famous half-timbered Tudor Rows. Later, we head to the haunt of the 'Fab Four', edgy Liverpool, where we'll spend the night.
HotelLeonardo Hotel Liverpool
HighlightsDublin, Chester, Liverpool
Head north to the idyllic Lake District, which has inspired poets and writers for centuries, and admire the spectacular surrounds of Lake Windermere.
HotelNorth Lakes, Castle Green
HighlightsLiverpool, Lake District
The runaway wedding capital, Gretna Green is our first stop today, where we'll tread in the footsteps of eloping couples who would take their vows over the Marriage Anvil. Continue to Glasgow for an orientation tour including views of the Cathedral and magnificent George Square, lined with statues of Great Britain's most celebrated sons. Visit the Falkirk Wheel where you’ll Dive into Culture learning about the legacy of Scotland’s canals and experience the world’s only rotating boat lift.
HotelHilton Garden Inn City Center
HighlightsLake District, Gretna Green, Glasgow
Journey past the site of the tragic 1692 massacre at Glencoe, known as the 'Glen of the Weeping' and see Britain's highest mountain – Ben Nevis. We'll view the 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle, where three lochs meet, before visiting the Isle of Skye.
HighlightsGlasgow, Glencoe, Isle of Skye
Travel through the scenic Scottish Highlands via Glen Shiel and along the banks of Loch Ness, home to the mythical monster affectionately known as 'Nessie'. View the site of the bloody Battle of Culloden, where Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of Jacobites were defeated in 1746.
HighlightsIsle of Skye, Culloden, Scottish Highlands
We continue south and stop in Pitlochry before traveling to the historic town of St. Andrews, home to the oldest golf course in the world. We cross the Firth of Forth to the enchanting Scottish capital, Edinburgh, our home for the next two nights. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
HighlightsScottish Highlands, Pitlochry, St. Andrews, Edinburgh
Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, overlooking the town from Castle Rock. See the Royal Mile, Palace of Holyroodhouse and new Scottish Parliament building.
Visit the medieval market town of Alnwick before stopping in York where we'll embark on an orientation walk along the picturesque Shambles and to York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening Connect With Locals over dinner at a Be My Guest experience, a grand private home of a Yorkshire family enjoying traditional flavors and hospitality.
HighlightsEdinburgh, Alnwick, York
Travel to Stratford-upon-Avon to view Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Center before returning to London this afternoon for our last evening at leisure.
HighlightsYork, Stratford-upon-Avon, London
We leave the bright lights of Old Blighty behind after an epic encounter with Britain and Ireland.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- London: The services of a Brendan Vacations Local Host when you stay at Brendan Vacations's recommended London hotel
- London: Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Brendan Vacations recommended London hotel, booked through Brendan Vacations
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Return ferry across the Irish Sea between Wales and Ireland
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- 22 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 7 Dinner (D)
- York: Enjoy a traditional British Be My Guest dinner hosted by a local family in the dining room of either their elegant town house in the city or in their impressive country house overlooking picturesque scenery in the Vale of York.
- Waterford: Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Dublin: Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world’s most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness.
- Falkirk: Visit Falkirk Wheel to learn about Scotland's canal system at the world's only rotating boat lift.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
- Cornwall: See Plymouth's famed landmarks and explore typical seaside villages during an orientation of the Cornish peninsula.
- Bath: Admire UNESCO-listed Bath, with its elegant Georgian façades and the bimillenial Roman Baths from which the city takes its name.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales' capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- Blarney: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts! Visit Blarney Castle and see the famous Stone of Eloquence.
- Ring of Kerry: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
- Lahinch: Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
- Limerick: See Limerick's iconic landmarks during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Sligo Bay: Explore this scenic town during an orientation with your Travel Director.
- Londonderry: With a Local Specialist explore inside the city walls. See the Gothic Guildhall and the Georgian houses of Shipquay Street.
- Belfast: Join a Local Specialist to hear about the history of the city and learn of its progress and current prosperity. See the murals in different locations indicating the political sentiments of local residents.
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Chester: See the Jubilee Clock, cathedral, city walls, and famous black and white Rows.
- Lake District: Drive through the hauntingly beautiful Lakes District, immortalized by literary greats of the Romantic Movement.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings of Glasgow, including George Square.
- Gretna Green: Visit the famous spot where runaway lovers were married.
- Glencoe: Visit this Highland village on Loch Leven.
- Eilean Donan: Stop for a photo of this gorgeous castle.
- Scottish Highlands: Admire picturesque lochs and glens as you travel through the Scottish Highlands.
- Inverness: At the exciting Culloden Visitor Center, discover why the Battle of Culloden lasted only an hour yet changed the Highland way of life forever.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Specialist as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the King, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- York: Your Travel Director will show you the York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles during your orientation of the city.
- Alnwick: See the impressive Alnwick Castle and Tenantry Column during a visit of this traditional county town.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- London: See London's iconic sites with a Local Specialist.
- Bushmills: In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark.
- : Explore London, Londonderry, Belfast, Dublin and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Plymouth, Bath, Cardiff, Limerick, Galway, Sligo, Chester, Glasgow and York
- : Visit the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, Waterford Crystal Showroom, Blarney Castle, the magnificent Cliffs of Moher, the Giant's Causeway, Guinness Storehouse, Falkirk Wheel, Isle of Skye, Edinburgh Castle, Alnwick and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon
- : View the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth, the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, St. Mary's Cathedral and King John's Castle in Limerick, the scenic Lake District, the 18th hole at St. Andrews, Eilean Donan Castle, Culloden Battlefield and York Minster
- : See Galway Cathedral
- : Scenic Drive on a Cornish Excursion, experience the Ring of Kerry
- : Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
Copthorne, Mercure Rougemont
Hilton Garden Inn City Center
Leonardo Hotel Liverpool
North Lakes, Castle Green
Park Inn by Radisson City Center
The Address Hotel Connolly, Hampton by Hilton Dublin City Center.
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20| BN#776064719 | TICO # R50025597 and W50025598