Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Set your watch to the lively pace of Ireland's capital city - the springboard for your in-depth journey through the lush landscapes and enduring allure of Ireland. Our exploration of Dublin with a Local Specialist will see us view St. Patrick's Cathedral and the colourful Georgian Squares. Spend some time at leisure exploring Dublin's pretty streets before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception celebrating traditional Irish flavours.
Our first stop today is Europe's 'Capital of Culture', where you will have an opportunity to see Galway Cathedral and stroll through Eyre Square. We overnight at one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories on the shores of Lough Corrib. Feel like lords and ladies as you relax in the elegant country quarters of the Lodge at Ashford Castle, celebrating the heritage and hospitality of Ireland.
HotelThe Lodge at Ashford Castle
Leaving the elegant estate of Ashford Castle behind, our journey takes us to Westport House where we'll Connect With Locals and indulge in a memorable Be My Guest experience with tales of the Pirate Queen, and enjoy Banoffee and Baileys flavours in the Drawing Room of this stately 18th-century home. Our home for the next two nights is one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - the spectacular Abbeyglen Castle.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest, Dinner
Drive through the 'savage beauty' of Connemara, as described by Oscar Wilde who was inspired by the region's craggy mountains, shimmering lakes and endless shades of green. We visit Kylemore Abbey, a magnificent castellated structure built as a family home and now inhabited by a group of Benedictine nuns. Venture into the secret nooks and crannies of its extensive walled Victorian garden before returning to your castle accommodation for a delicious dinner.
This morning visit the Connemara marble artisan workshop where you'll Dive Into Culture and witness first-hand how this famous green jade-like marble is carved. Later we stop at a charming sea port village of Kinvara before visiting the plunging Cliffs of Moher that rise imposingly from the Atlantic, over 200 metres above the waters below. Then head to Killarney, one of Ireland's most beautiful heritage spots. Our home tonight is one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories - Great Southern, a Victorian-styled hotel built over 160 years ago.
HighlightsLahinch, Moycullen, Killarney
Enjoy a slow start to your morning, joining a Local Specialist for a leisurely guided walk at Torc Waterfall, strolling over wooded paths and lakeshore trails. We embark on an epic drive next, exploring the enduring beauty of the Ring of Kerry whose enchanting coastal landscapes have inspired writers and poets for centuries.
Discover the legacy of St. Patrick when you visit the imposing Rock of Cashel, once the traditional seat of the kings of Munster. View its ecclesiastical ruins with a Local Specialist then traverse scenic landscapes to Kildare. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and learn about Ireland's thoroughbred industry at the Irish National Stud. You'll have a rare opportunity to see the foaling unit, museum and of course the magnificent stallions that continue to make racing history. Later today, return to the Irish capital where you'll inject a bit of the craic into your Farewell Dinner with new friends.
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
HighlightsCashel, Dublin, Kildare
We say a fond farewell to our newfound friends and Dublin today. You will be transferred to the airport, where your journey through the 'Emerald Isle' comes to an end. Transfers are available. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry and through Connemara
- Discover Killarney and Galway
- See Dublin's Georgian Squares and Galway Cathedral
- Explore Dublin, Killarney National Park and Cashel with a Local Specialist
- View Torc Waterfall
- Visit Kylemore Abbey, Connemara Marble Factory, Cliffs of Moher, Rock of Cashel and the Irish National Stud
- Connect with Locals Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest High Tea hosted in the Drawing Room of a stately 16th-century home near the charming town of Westport. (Day 3)
- Dive into Culture Visit a Connemara marble factory to see how this stone is crafted into jewellery and figurines. (Day 5) Admire Ireland's finest thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud. (Day 7)
- Stays with Stories Overnight on the shores of Lough Corrib in the elegant country quarters of the Lodge at Ashford Castle. (Day 2) Abbeyglen Castle, built in 1832 by John d'Arcy of Clifden Castle, Abbeyglen Castle Hotel is located along the famous Sky Road, overlooking the pretty village of Clifden. (Day 3) Built over 160 years ago, the Great Southern hotel's prime central location next to the train station and marvellous Victorian features have ensured enduring popularity. (Day 5)
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
The Lodge at Ashford Castle
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20