Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
The cosmopolitan capital that is London is yours to explore today - the perfect launch pad to discover what's great about Great Britain. Spend the day relaxing in the Royal Parks, amble along the Thames or visit one of the many museums showcasing the art, culture and antiquities of what was once the British Empire.
Join a Local Specialist today for a memorable encounter with London's most iconic sights. See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey where Britain's kings and queens have been crowned for centuries. Spend the rest of the day exploring London on your terms - shop for the best of British on Carnaby Street, admire the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus or visit 'The City' with Christopher Wren's great St. Paul's Cathedral.
This morning meet your Travel Director. The 'Bard of Avon' and his legacy take centre stage as we travel to Stratford-upon-Avon to view Anne Hathaway's picturesque thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre before heading to York and Leeds, where we'll enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and get to know our Travel Director and travel companions.
MealsWelcome Reception, Breakfast
HighlightsStratford Upon Avon, York, Leeds
We venture north to the medieval market town of Alnwick with its impressive castle and Tenantry Column, upon which the Percy Lion sits imposingly overlooking the town’s beautiful gardens. Enjoy a scenic drive north to the enchanting capital of Edinburgh. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, overlooking the town from Castle Rock. See the quaint Royal Mile, Palace of Holyroodhouse and new Scottish Parliament building.
We continue north to the historic town of St. Andrews, home to the oldest golf course in the world. View the famous 18th green which the golfing greats have clamoured to play on for centuries, before heading to picturesque Pitlochry and our overnight stop in the Scottish Highlands.
View the site of the bloody Battle of Culloden, where Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of Jacobites were defeated in 1746. Then meander through the scenic Scottish Highlands along the banks of Loch Ness in search of Nessie. We’ll view the 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle where three lochs meet before travelling to the Isle of Skye where we dine in our hotel tonight.
HighlightsIsle of Skye, St Andrews, Pitlochry
Journey past the site of the tragic 1692 massacre at Glencoe, known as the ‘Glen of Weeping' before heading to the Scottish cultural capital, Glasgow, where our orientation tour includes views of the Cathedral and the magnificent George Square, lined with statues of Great Britain's most celebrated sons.
HotelHilton Garden Inn City Centre
We visit Falkirk Wheel where you'll Dive Into Culture learning about the legacy of Scotland's canals and experience the world's only rotating boat lift. The runaway wedding capital of Gretna Green is our next stop today. See where eloping couples would make their vows over the Marriage Anvil before crossing the border and arriving in Grasmere, where famous Romantic poet William Wordsworth wrote his famous ‘Daffodils' poem. See Lake Windermere, England's largest lake, before arriving at your hotel.
HotelLancaster House/Castle Green
We travel to the bold British city of Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'. Saunter through its edgy Scouse streets during your evening at leisure.
Travel to the ancient town of Chester where your orientation tour will take you past its Roman walls and famous Tudor 'Rows'. We continue along the scenic North Wales Coast to the island of Anglesey en route to Holyhead. Cross the Irish Sea to Dublin, the charismatic Irish capital.
HotelLancaster House/Castle Green
Beat the crowds and gain entry to the Guinness Storehouse before general admission. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and embark on a tour and tasting technique demonstration. Later, we join a Local Specialist to see St. Patrick's Cathedral and other iconic sights. The rest of the day is yours to explore the Irish capital. Amble along Grafton Street with its colourful performers, head to Temple Bar or stroll through Phoenix Park, Dublin's playground.
HotelJurys Inn Mercure Atlantic Tower
This morning, cross the border to Northern Ireland. We meet our Local Specialist 'Cabbie' who will take us on a journey through the recent history of Belfast in their taxi. Spend the rest of the day at leisure perhaps exploring the Titanic Quarter to learn more about this ill-fated ship.
This morning, visit Giant's Causeway, an area of about 40,000 interlocking ballast columns, a UNESCO World Heritage site in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and one of the most iconic natural wonders in the United Kingdom. Our visit will Make Travel Matter by helping to conserve this iconic natural landmark. In Londonderry, walk along the 17th-century walls with your Local Specialist and see the streets and murals of the Bogside. Known as the People's Gallery, the murals depict the history of the 'troubles'. Later view the Donegal castle that was once the stronghold of the O'Donnell clan before continuing to your hotel where you will enjoy a dinner tonight.
This morning, we stop in Galway to see the stone Cathedral that was built on the site of an old prison, and stroll around Eyre Square with its tribute to John F. Kennedy.
We'll visit the dramatic Cliffs of Moher along the Wild Atlantic Way, where we’ll stop for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience you’ll never forget. Your visit helps preserve the untouched beauty of this UNESCO-listed natural treasure and you’ll feel like you���ve been swept back to an ancient time with none of the distractions of the modern day. Visit the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre and watch enchanted how the extraordinary natural phenomena of this rare and stunning place comes to life in an interactive way you wouldn’t ordinarily get to see. You’ll get a bird’s eye view of the cliffs, soaring above and around them, the quirky looking colonies of Atlantic Puffin that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies, and explore beneath the pounding Atlantic waves revealing the layers and layers of rock that have formed over 300 million years. We then continue to Limerick to view St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and King John's Castle, the tallest spire in Ireland. Our drive continues through picturesque Adare, one of Ireland's prettiest villages, before arriving in Killarney, our home for the next two nights.
Today, we stop in Killarney on our way to the enchanting Ring of Kerry where Ireland's enduring natural beauty is our welcome companion as we circle past the fishing village of Waterville, Black Valley and Moll's Gap.
In pursuit of the 'gift of the gab', we kiss the Blarney Stone, before continuing to the House of Waterford Crystal where we will enjoy a fascinating Dive Into Culture demonstration with master craftsmen.
Cross the Irish Sea to Wales and continue your journey through beautiful countryside to arrive in its capital. Explore Cardiff’s iconic sights – the Principality Stadium, Millennium Centre and Victorian fantasy Cardiff Castle at its heart.
HotelHoliday Inn City Centre
Arriving in Bath, we admire the city’s elegant Georgian façades and ancient Roman Baths from which it derives its name. Later we continue to Plymouth, our home for the next two nights.
Embark on an orientation tour and see the Royal Citadel and Mayflower Steps, where brave pilgrims embarked on their epic voyage to the New World centuries ago. Explore the Cornish peninsula and visit the seaside villages of Looe and Polperro. Tonight, we will Connect With Locals for a Farewell Dinner Be My Guest experience at a Cornish farm.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
The mystical ancient monoliths at Stonehenge are our first stop. Ponder their myths that remain largely unsolved before travelling to London.
Say goodbye to your fellow travellers as you leave London and return home with special memories.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 22 Breakfasts
- 6 Dinners
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Ferry across the Irish Sea from Ireland to South Wales
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Brendan Vacations recommended London hotel, booked through Brendan Vacations
- The services of a Brendan Vacations Local Host when you stay at Brendan Vacations's recommended London hotel.
- Explore London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Belfast and Londonderry with a Local Specialist
- Discover York, Glasgow, Chester, Sligo, Galway, Limerick, Cardiff, Bath, Plymouth and Salisbury
- Visit Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, medieval Alnwick, Edinburgh Castle, Isle of Skye, Guinness Storehouse, Falkirk Wheel, the Giants Causeway, Blarney Castle to kiss the stone, Waterford Crystal Showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath and the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge
- View York Minster, Culloden Battlefield, Eilean Donan Castle, the 18th hole at St. Andrews, the magnificent Cliffs of Moher and the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth
- Scenic Drive around the Ring of Kerry and on a Cornish Excursion
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
- Connect With Locals Receive a warm welcome at a picturesque farmstead and indulge in hearty Be My Guest Cornish cuisine.
- Dive into Culture Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Falkirk Wheel to learn about Scotland's canal system at the world's only rotating boat lift.
- Dive Into Culture Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world’s most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2022-23
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre
Lancaster House/Castle Green
Lancaster House/Castle Green
Jurys Inn Mercure Atlantic Tower
Holiday Inn City Centre
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20