Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
The cosmopolitan capital that is London is yours to explore today - the perfect launch pad to discover what's great about Great Britain. Spend the day relaxing in the Royal Parks, amble along the Thames or visit one of the many museums showcasing the art, culture and antiquities of what was once the British Empire.
Join a Local Specialist to see Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
Meet your Travel Director today before journeying west to the Wiltshire landscapes of Salisbury Plain where you'll ponder the myths of the ancient mystical monoliths at Stonehenge which remain largely unsolved to to this day. Continuing through Devon, arrive in the historic naval port of Plymouth, your home for the next two nights.
MealsWelcome Reception, Breakfast
Embark on an orientation tour and see the Royal Citadel and Mayflower Steps. Explore the Cornish peninsula and visit the seaside villages of Looe and Polperro.
Arriving in Bath, we admire the city's stylish Georgian façades and visit the ancient Roman Baths from which it derives its name. We continue to the vibrant Welsh capital, Cardiff, where we’ll have a free evening to enjoy this modern city's proud heritage.
HotelPark Inn by Radisson City Centre
This morning, we explore Cardiff's iconic sights – the Principality Stadium, Millennium Centre and Victorian fantasy castle before crossing the Irish Sea to Waterford, most famous for the delicate crystal that graces elegant homes the world over. This evening we dine in our hotel.
Our first stop today is at the House of Waterford Crystal where we Dive Into Culture, watching a demonstration with master craftsmen. In pursuit of the ‘gift of the gab', we journey to Blarney Castle where you'll have the chance to kiss the Blarney Stone, before arriving later in picturesque Killarney.
HotelPark Inn by Radisson City Centre/Holiday Inn
HighlightsWaterford, Killarney, Limerick
Ireland's enduring natural beauty accompanies our leisurely drive circling the enchanting Ring of Kerry. We pass the fishing village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley – renowned for being the last place in Ireland without power and telephone networks.
We stop in Limerick and view St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and King John's Castle. Next up is an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience at the Cliffs of Moher where rugged cliffs plunge into the Atlantic, creating a beautifully dramatic coastline which has inspired artists, musicians and poets for centuries. You’ll visit the Visitor Centre, a wonderfully engaging experience which brings one of Ireland’s most treasured natural phenomena to life in an interactive way that will leave you with stories to tell for years to come. Enjoy the IMAX-type multimedia which gives visitors a bird’s eye view of the cliffs or dive virtually beneath the surface of the Atlantic and into the underwater caves at the foot of the cliffs that would have otherwise gone unseen. Your next overnight stop in Galway is a real treat for culture buffs. You’ll overnight in Ireland’s capital of music, song and dance and it’s the perfect place to dig deep into Ireland’s vibrant traditional arts scene first-hand.
This morning see the great stone Galway Cathedral and stroll through Eyre Square, a tribute to former US president John F. Kennedy, who visited Galway in 1963. Enjoy an orientation of Sligo on your way to Donegal to see its 15th-century castle and explore the city your way before dining at your hotel.
We cross the Irish border into Northern Ireland, joining a Local Specialist in Londonderry to stroll along its 17th-century city walls. See the street murals of the Bogside before continuing to the mythical stepping stones of the Giant's Causeway for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. Our visit to the haunt of Finn McCool will help to conserve this iconic natural landmark. Our final stop today is in Belfast, where we'll enjoy an orientation, followed by free time to explore the capital city's sights.
HotelPark Inn by Radisson
We spend the morning with a Local Specialist 'Cabbie' who will take us on a journey through the recent history of Belfast in their taxi. Heading south to Dublin later, we see St. Patrick's Cathedral and other iconic sights in the company of a Local Specialist. Tonight, consider an Optional Experience to enjoy the rousing sounds and warm hospitality of a traditional Irish Cabaret performance.
Beat the crowds and gain entry to the Guinness Storehouse before general admission. Here you’ll Dive Into Culture and embark on a tour and tasting technique demonstration. The rest of the day is yours to explore the Irish capital. Amble along Grafton Street with its colourful performers, head to Temple Bar or stroll through Phoenix Park, Dublin's playground.
Cross the Irish Sea to Wales and continue to the ancient town of Chester, where your orientation tour will take you past its Roman walls and famous half-timbered Tudor Rows. Later, we head to the haunt of the 'Fab Four', edgy Liverpool, where we'll spend the night.
HotelMespil Clayton Cardiff Lane
Head north to the idyllic Lake District, which has inspired poets and writers for centuries, and admire the spectacular surrounds of Lake Windermere.
The runaway wedding capital, Gretna Green is our first stop today, where we'll tread in the footsteps of eloping couples who would take their vows over the Marriage Anvil. We arrive in Glasgow for an orientation tour including views of the Cathedral and magnificent George Square, lined with statues of Great Britain's most celebrated sons. We visit Falkirk Wheel where you’ll Dive into Culture learning about the legacy of Scotland’s canals and experience the world’s only rotating boat lift.
HotelHilton Garden Inn City Centre
HighlightsGlasgow, Gretna Green
Journey past the site of the tragic 1692 massacre at Glencoe, known as the 'Glen of the Weeping' and see Britain's highest mountain – Ben Nevis. We'll view the 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle, where three lochs meet, before visiting the Isle of Skye.
HighlightsIsle of Skye
Travel through the scenic Scottish Highlands via Glen Shiel and along the banks of Loch Ness, home to the mythical monster affectionately known as 'Nessie'. View the site of the bloody Battle of Culloden, where Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of Jacobites were defeated in 1746.
HighlightsScottish Highlands, Pitlochry
We continue south and stop in Pitlochry before travelling to the historic town of St. Andrews, home to the oldest golf course in the world. We cross the Firth of Forth to the enchanting Scottish capital, Edinburgh, our home for the next two nights. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
HighlightsEdinburgh, St Andrews, Chester
Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, overlooking the town from Castle Rock. See the Royal Mile, Palace of Holyroodhouse and new Scottish Parliament building.
Visit the medieval market town of Alnwick before stopping in York where we'll embark on an orientation walk along the picturesque Shambles and to York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening Connect With Locals over dinner at a Be My Guest experience, a grand private home of a Yorkshire family enjoying traditional flavours and hospitality.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
Travel to Stratford-upon-Avon to view Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre before returning to London this afternoon for our last evening at leisure.
HighlightsStratford Upon Avon
We leave the bright lights of Old Blighty behind after an epic encounter with Britain and Ireland.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 22 Breakfasts
- 6 Dinners
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Brendan Vacations recommended London hotel, booked through Brendan Vacations
- Return ferry across the Irish Sea between Wales and Ireland
- The services of a Brendan Vacations Local Host when you stay at Brendan Vacations's recommended London hotel.
- Explore London, Londonderry, Belfast, Dublin and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Discover Plymouth, Bath, Cardiff, Limerick, Galway, Sligo, Chester, Glasgow and York
- Visit the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge, the Roman Baths in Bath, Waterford Crystal Showroom, Blarney Castle, the magnificent Cliffs of Moher, the Giant's Causeway, Guinness Storehouse, Falkirk Wheel, Isle of Skye, Edinburgh Castle, Alnwick and Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon
- View the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth, the Principality Stadium in Cardiff, St. Mary's Cathedral and King John's Castle in Limerick, the scenic Lake District, the 18th hole at St. Andrews, Eilean Donan Castle, Culloden Battlefield and York Minster
- See Galway Cathedral
- Scenic Drive on a Cornish Excursion, experience the Ring of Kerry
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
- Connect With Locals Enjoy a traditional British Be My Guest dinner hosted by a local family in the dining room of either their elegant town house in the city or in their impressive country house overlooking picturesque scenery in the Vale of York.
- Dive into Culture Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Falkirk Wheel to learn about Scotland's canal system at the world's only rotating boat lift.
- Dive Into Culture Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world’s most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2022-23
Park Inn by Radisson City Centre
Park Inn by Radisson City Centre/Holiday Inn
Park Inn by Radisson
Mespil Clayton Cardiff Lane
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20