Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Explore the Celtic heritage and hospitality of Ireland and Scotland on this grand adventure through beautiful landscapes and enchanting cities. Our first day sees us delve into the whimsy of the Irish capital, before joining our fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception.
HotelMespil Clayton / Ballsbridge
Drive through the streets of Dublin, joining your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour past the stately Georgian Squares and St. Patrick's Cathedral, the tallest church in Ireland. Enjoy a leisurely day exploring the city. Stop for a pint of 'the Black Stuff' in Temple Bar, admire the colourful performers on Grafton Street or consider joining an Optional Experience this evening to tap your feet to the lively sounds of Irish music at an Irish cabaret.
Dive Into Culture and gain insights into Ireland’s strong tradition of breeding world-class thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud in Kildare. Enjoy a guided walk admiring the powerful steeds that have made racing history and stroll around the tranquil Japanese gardens. We travel to the House of Waterford Crystal this afternoon and Dive Into Culture yet again to witness this delicate craft, watching talented master craftsmen at work in their workshop.
Travel to Cork and bend over backwards to kiss the Blarney Stone and acquire the 'gift of the gab' before crossing the Kerry Mountains to County Kerry. We journey to 1930s Ireland this evening for an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience, visiting the working farms of Muckross, where we'll learn about traditional farming and meet the families who ply the land. Your visit will help to preserve the heritage of rural Ireland and you’ll Connect With Locals, savouring delicious local flavours during your Be My Guest visit to the Quilles Farmhouse against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney.
HotelKillarney Towers/Hotel Killarney
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
The astounding beauty of Iveragh Peninsula accompanies us on this soul-stirring coastal journey around the Ring of Kerry – a dramatic landscape of mountains, loughs and lakes which have inspired writers and poets for centuries. See Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, the Black Valley and Moll's Gap with the Macgillycuddy's Reeks peaks in the distance.
Drive to Adare, one of Ireland's prettiest villages, known for its thatched cottages. The imposing stone cathedral, built on the site of an old prison and Eyre Square on our next stop in Galway, where we'll enjoy some free time to explore the city before continuing our journey northward. This evening we dine in our hotel.
Head north to Donegal with its 'Diamond' centre before joining a Local Specialist in Londonderry to stroll along its 17th-century walls. See the 'Troubles' neighbourhood of Bogside, with its murals depicting the battles of that time.
Tread in the footsteps of Finn McCool and along the other-worldly Giant's Causeway 'steps' that descend into the sea during your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. Your visit will help to conserve this iconic landmark. We arrive in Belfast later and visit the Titanic Belfast Experience where we’ll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the tragic story of the famous ship that met its end in the Atlantic. The rest of the evening is yours to enjoy the vibrant nightlife of the capital of Northern Ireland.
Join your Local Specialist in Belfast this morning for an included city tour which will take you to Queen's University and the Baroque Revival-style City Hall. We board our ferry at Larne and cross to Cairnryan in Scotland, driving through the Ayrshire countryside bound for Glasgow, our home for the next two nights.
HotelHilton Garden Inn City Centre/Maldron
Delve into Scotland’s intriguing cultural capital and stroll through the toon to admire views of George Square and the River Clyde, once the heart of Scotland's shipbuilding industry. We head to whisky country next, visiting the Glengoyne whisky distillery where we’ll Dive Into Culture and learn how to make Scotland's favourite honey-coloured drink with a chance to sample a wee dram. We return to Glasgow for some free time to explore the city.
HighlightsGlasgow, Fort William
Journey along the famous bonnie banks of Loch Lomond to the tragic site of the 1692 massacre of the MacDonalds at the 'Glen of Weeping'. Continue to Fort William at the foot of Britain's highest mountain, Ben Nevis. Then, cross to the Isle of Skye, where we'll spend this evening dining in our hotel.
HighlightsIsle of Skye
We leave the rugged beauty of Skye behind and venture to the site where three lochs meet. View Eilean Donan Castle before travelling along the banks of Loch Ness in search of the elusive monster that bears its name. The bloody battlefield of Culloden is our next stop, where we spend a poignant moment reflecting on the many men who lost their lives in the brief but brutal battle between the Redcoats and Bonnie Prince Charlie's Jacobites. This evening we spend the evening dining at our hotel in the Scottish Highlands.
Traversing the dramatic landscapes of the Scottish Highlands, we pass Pitlochry before arriving in St. Andrews to see its famous golf course on which golfing greats have clamoured to play for centuries. We cross the scenic Firth of Forth to enchanting Edinburgh, our home for the next two nights. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
HotelNovotel Centre/Apex Haymarket
Join your Local Specialist for a guided sightseeing tour which includes a visit to Edinburgh Castle, surveying the city from imposing Castle Rock. See the Royal Mile, the elegant Palace of Holyrood in the shadow of Arthur's Seat, and the new Scottish Parliament building. As our memorable holiday comes to an end, we join our Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner to reminisce over shared experiences.
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
For now it’s time to say a fond farewell to Scotland and our newfound friends, at the end of an unforgettable Celtic sojourn. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 14 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Ferry from Northern Ireland to Scotland
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Explore Dublin, Londonderry, Belfast and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Discover Waterford, Adare, Galway and Glasgow
- Visit the Irish National Stud in Kildare, the Waterford Crystal showroom, Blarney Castle, Giant's Causeway, Titanic Experience in Belfast, Glengoyne whisky distillery in Glasgow, Pitlochry and Edinburgh Castle
- View Eilean Donan Castle, the battlefield of Culloden and the 18th green at St. Andrews
- See St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, Galway Cathedral and Loch Lomond
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
- Connect With Locals It's 1930s Ireland revisited. Visit the working farms of Muckross taking you back to a time of traditional farming. Learn how to churn butter and dine in the Quilles Farmhouse against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney.
- Dive into Culture Admire Ireland's finest thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud Farm.
- Dive into Culture Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Glengoyne, known as Scotland's most beautiful whisky distillery, for a tour and a tasting of their unique Highland single malt whisky.
- Dive Into Culture Discover the full story of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast visitor attraction and monument in Belfast.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help preserve the heritage of rural Ireland when you visit Muckross Traditional Farms and learn how the Irish lived and worked the land in the 1930s and 1940s.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2022-23
Killarney Towers/Hotel Killarney
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre/Maldron
Novotel Centre/Apex Haymarket
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20