Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
You’re in for a lyrical love affair with Ireland’s whimsical capital, your launch pad to an enchanting encounter with the 'Emerald Isle' and Scotland. On arrival, transfer to your hotel then spend the rest of the day exploring the city’s effervescence on your own. This evening, you’ll join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. Resist the urge to retire early and head to the Temple Bar to soak up the craic and a pint or two of the ‘Black Stuff’ in one of the many colourful pubs for which Dublin is justifiably famous.
Poetry and politics, music and literature – Dublin is famous for all this and more as you’ll come to discover when you join a Local Specialist to delve into the city’s iconic sights, tumultuous history and even a few hidden gems. Tread in the footsteps of Arthur Guinness, James Joyce and Bono as you pound the cobbled pavements in search of Dublin’s many stories. Then, leave the capital behind bound for the harbour city of Galway, known as the 'Cityof the Tribes'.
Connemara’s 'savage beauty' takes centre stage today on your full-day excursion through the endless shades of green which once captured the heart of Oscar Wilde. Visit Kylemore Abbey, a magnificent castellated structure built as a family home and now inhabited by a group of Benedictine nuns. Later, we visit the Connemara Marble artisan workshop where you'll Dive Into Culture and witness first-hand how their famous jade-like marble is carved.
See firsthand why the rugged beauty of Cong was chosen as the backdrop of John Wayne's award winning 'The Quiet Man'. Connect With Locals at Ireland’s largest sheep farm, Glen Keen Farm, for a heart-warming Be My Guest experience with your hosts, Catherine, Jim and their son James. You’ll watch in deep admiration as the energetic collies herd sheep and enjoy a traditional tea of scones, freshly whipped cream and jam, gaining a deep appreciation for the family’s efforts to preserve Irish heritage and traditions. Then, continue to Donegal, the gateway to the Wild Atlantic Way.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
HighlightsDonegal, County Galway
Start your day with a visit to Londonderry where a Local Specialist will take you on a stroll along the ancient walls that surround the Renaissance-style old city. Follow the scenic Causeway Coastal Route through rolling countryside and past rugged cliffs to the Giant’s Causeway for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. Your visit will help to conserve this iconic landmark. You’ll have some free time to tiptoe in the giant geometric steps of Finn McCool and enjoy lunch before continuing to Belfast, your home for the next two nights.
Explore Northern Ireland’s trendy capital today, starting with a visit to the Titanic Belfast Experience, where you’ll Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the tragic story of the famous ship that met its end in the Atlantic. Your Local Specialist will join you for a sightseeing tour through the city with views of the Belfast City Hall, Castle and Botanic Gardens. Take the rest of the afternoon to explore at your leisure, perhaps enjoying a pint in Belfast’s oldest traditional pub or visit St. George’s Market for some shopping.
Bid Ireland farewell as you board your ferry to Scotland. Follow the rugged Ayrshire coast past Ailsa Craig, then continue to Glasgow, where you’ll enjoy an orientation of a city that exudes edginess. Take to the streets on your own exploration and see George Square, Glasgow Cathedral and the Clyde River before finding a cosy pub to warm your heart with a little local whisky and a night on the toon.
Sensational scenery follows your journey through the Scottish Highlands from Glasgow to Newtonmore. Loch Lomond sets the tone with views over the water to craggy Ben Lomond. Continue to Glencoe where the tragic 17th-century massacre of the MacDonalds turned the wild beauty of this valley into a 'Glen of Weeping'. Then, on to Fort William, the self-proclaimed ‘Outdoor Capital of the UK’ before arriving in Loch Ness, where you’ll keep a keen eye out for the beloved monster that lurks beneath its surface. Tonight, you’ll enjoy dinner at your hotel.
HighlightsGlencoe, Scottish Highlands
It’s never too early for a wee dram when you travel the wilds of Scotland. Your day begins with a visit to Stirling Distillery where you’ll Dive Into Culture and learn how Scotland’s golden goodness whisky is made. Continue to the home of golfing gods, St. Andrews. You’ll view its famous 18th hole before continuing to Edinburgh, your home for the next two nights. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
HighlightsPitlochry, Edinburgh, St Andrews
Surrender to the charms of Edinburgh, one of the world’s most enchanting cities. Your Local Specialist will guide your sightseeing tour through its medieval Old Town to the elegant Georgian façades. See the Royal Mile and the Palace of Holyroodhouse before visiting Edinburgh Castle, perched atop Castle Rock. This afternoon, you’ll have some free time to explore on your own or get stuck into some last-minute souvenir shopping before joining your travel companions for a rousing Farewell Dinner to toast your memorable journey together.
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
Imbued with Gaelic spirit, your holiday has come to an end. Bid your new friends a fond farewell as you prepare for your return journey home. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 10 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Ferry from Northern Ireland to Scotland
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Discover Galway and Glasgow
- Explore Dublin, Londonderry, Belfast and Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Visit Connemara Marble Factory, Kylemore Abbey, Westport, Drumcliff, Donegal, Giant's Causeway, Titanic Experience in Belfast, Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Fort William, Loch Ness, Stirling Distillery and Edinburgh Castle
- View W.B. Yeats's grave at Drumcliff, the 18th hole at St. Andrews
- See Ailsa Craig
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
- Connect With Locals Uncover centuries of Irish heritage as you explore Catherine and Jim Power’s Glen Keen Farm, marvel at collies herding sheep and enjoy a traditional scone tea.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Stirling Distillery for a tour and tasting of their single malt whisky
- Dive Into Culture Discover the full story of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast visitor attraction and monument in Belfast.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Blair Athol Whisky Distillery in the foothills of the Grampian Mountains for a tour and tasting of their single malt whisky.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2022-23
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20