Explore your itinerary
Set your watch to the lively pace of Ireland's capital city – the springboard for your in-depth journey through the lush landscapes and enduring allure of Ireland. Our exploration of Dublin with a Local Specialist will see us view St. Patrick's Cathedral and the colourful Georgian Squares. Spend some time at leisure exploring Dublin's pretty streets before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception celebrating traditional Irish flavours.
Our first stop today is Europe's 'City of the Tribes', where you will have an opportunity to see Galway Cathedral and stroll through Eyre Square. We overnight at one of Brendan Vacations’s Stays With Stories on the shores of Lough Corrib. Feel like lords and ladies as you relax in the elegant country quarters of The Lodge at Ashford Castle, celebrating the heritage and hospitality of Ireland.
HotelThe Lodge at Ashford Castle
HighlightsDublin, Galway, Cong
Leaving the elegant estate of Ashford Castle behind, our journey takes us to Westport House where we'll Connect With Locals and indulge in a memorable Be My Guest experience with tales of the Pirate Queen, and enjoy Banoffee and Baileys flavours in the Drawing Room of this stately 18th-century home. Our home for the next two nights is one of Brendan Vacations's Stays With Stories - the spectacular Abbeyglen Castle.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest, Dinner
HighlightsCong, Westport, Clifden
Drive through the 'savage beauty' of Connemara, as described by Oscar Wilde who was inspired by the region's craggy mountains, shimmering lakes and endless shades of green. We visit Kylemore Abbey, a magnificent castellated structure built as a family home and now inhabited by a group of Benedictine nuns. Stop for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience at an oyster farm. Venture into the secret nooks and crannies of its extensive walled Victorian garden before returning to your castle accommodation for a delicious dinner.
HighlightsClifden, Connemara, Clifden
This morning, visit the Connemara marble artisan workshop, where you'll Dive Into Culture and witness first-hand how this famous green jade-like marble is carved. Picture yourself living in 1520 alongside the Dunguaire Castle when we later stop to explore the charming seaport village of Kinvara. Next up is a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience you’ll remember for years to come as you watch the UNESCO-listed Cliffs of Moher plunge dramatically into the Atlantic waters below. Beyond the endless views and the opportunity to capture on film the colonies of curious-looking puffins that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies, you’ll have an opportunity to visit the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience which really brings this natural phenomenon to life in an interactive way, leaving you with a deep understanding of this special place. Our home tonight is one of Brendan Vacations's Stays With Stories - Great Southern, a Victorian-styled hotel built over 160 years ago as Ireland's first purpose-built hotel. The hotel’s Victorian architecture ends the day still dreaming of life many years ago.
HighlightsClifden, Cliffs of Moher, Killarney
Enjoy a slow start to your morning, joining a Local Specialist for a leisurely guided walk at Torc Waterfall, strolling over wooded paths and lakeshore trails. We embark on an epic drive next, exploring the enduring beauty of the Ring of Kerry whose enchanting coastal landscapes have inspired writers and poets for centuries.
HighlightsKillarney, Ring of Kerry, Killarney
Discover the legacy of St. Patrick when you visit the imposing Rock of Cashel, once the traditional seat of the kings of Munster. View its ecclesiastical ruins with a Local Specialist then traverse scenic landscapes to Kildare. Here you’ll Dive Into Culture and learn about Ireland's thoroughbred industry at the Irish National Stud. You'll have a rare opportunity to see the foaling unit, museum and of course the magnificent stallions that continue to make racing history. Later today, return to the Irish capital where you’ll inject a bit of the craic into your Farewell Dinner with new friends.
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
HighlightsKillarney, Cashel, Kildare, Dublin
We say a fond farewell to our newfound friends and Dublin today. You will be transferred to the airport, where your journey through the 'Emerald Isle' comes to an end. Transfers are available. Find out more about your free airport transfer at brendanvacations.com/freetransfers.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon estuary
- Optional Experiences and free time
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- 1 Be My Guest (BMG)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- 1 Farewell Dinner (FD)
- Westport: Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest High Tea hosted in the Drawing Room of a stately 18th-century home near the charming town of Westport.
- Connemara: Visit a Connemara marble factory to see how this vivid green-coloured stone has been crafted into jewellery and figurines for generations.
- Kildare: Admire Ireland's finest thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud Farm.
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Galway: Explore the historic heart of Galway. See landmarks such as the Spanish Arch and the cathedral, or perhaps admire the distinctive Claddagh rings.
- Kylemore Abbey amp; Victorian Walled Garden: Visit the turreted Neo-Gothic Kylemore Abbey. This monastery was founded in 1920 for Benedictine Nuns who fled Belgium in World War I.
- Ring of Kerry: Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world.
- Torc Waterfall: Visit the Torc Waterfall with a Local Specialist.
- Cashel: View the ruins of the Rock of Cashel with a Local Specialist.
- Clifden: Stop for a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience at an oyster farm.
- Lahinch: Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
- : Explore Dublin, Killarney National Park and Cashel with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Killarney and Galway
- : Visit Kylemore Abbey, Connemara Celtic Crystal Factory, Cliffs of Moher, Rock of Cashel and the Irish National Stud
- : View Torc Waterfall
- : See Dublin's Georgian Squares and Galway Cathedral
- : Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry and through Connemara
- Cong: Overnight on the shores of Lough Corrib in the elegant country quarters of the Lodge at Ashford Castle.
- Clifden: Romance and royalty are guaranteed on your overnight stay at historic Abbeyglen, along the famous Sky Road overlooking Clifden Bay and the spectacular Twelve Bens.
- Killarney: Built over 160 years ago, the Great Southern hotel's prime central location next to the train station and marvellous Victorian features have ensured enduring popularity.
The Lodge at Ashford Castle
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20| BN#776064719 | TICO # R50025597 and W50025598