Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Get lost in the narrow lanes of Edinburgh – the Scottish capital with a mystical air that combines ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Spend your day at leisure delving into its rich history and embracing the warm culture of the Scots, before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception with a light meal and drinks.
HotelNovotel Centre/Apex Haymarket
Join your Local Specialist this morning for an intriguing sightseeing tour of the city. Ascend Castle Rock and visit Edinburgh Castle, which watches over the surrounding city from its elevated vantage point. Stroll through the Old Town along the Royal Mile and see the stunning Palace of Holyroodhouse before enjoying time at leisure to soak up the city's festive atmosphere. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
HighlightsEdinburgh, St Andrews
Tread in the footsteps of the world's golfing greats and head to St. Andrews en route to the glorious Scottish Highlands. A scenic drive takes us north and across the Firth of Tay, past the city of Dundee to Pitlochry. After lunch, enjoy some free time to explore its river-side setting or join an Optional Experience to Blair Castle, the ancestral home of the Clan Murray. Our day in beautiful surrounds comes to an end with a cosy dinner at our hotel located within the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.
HighlightsPitlochry, Scottish Highlands
Continue your journey to the tragic battlefield of Culloden. Pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising, then travel past Scotland's infamous Loch Ness. The solitary beauty of Eilean Donan Castle will leave you speechless before you continue to the coast and cross to the Isle of Skye. Heather-clad peaks provide a stunning backdrop for our scenic drive across the Sleat Peninsula. Indulge in some free time for lunch before boarding your ferry in Armadale and crossing to Mallaig, back on the mainland.
HighlightsIsle of Skye
Our first stop today sees us commemorate World War II history at the Commando Memorial near Fort William, from which we admire spectacular views of Britain's highest peak – Ben Nevis. We journey through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Here we remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692. Continuing towards the River Clyde, we arrive at our final stop for the day – Glasgow.
Madainn mhath! While your Gaelic may be a little rusty, your orientation tour around this edgy city will be anything but. Begin your day seeing Glasgow's iconic sights. Enjoy views of the Necropolis, the regal George Square and River Clyde, for over 200 years the centre of shipbuilding. Continue to Stirling, to see its hilltop fortress, which stands as a symbol of national pride. Stirling Castle was once the seat of Scottish kings and queens, including Mary, Queen of Scots. View the Wallace Monument from the castle walls, paying tribute to the Scottish hero who fought for Scotland's independence. Later, we Dive Into Culture at Glengoyne whisky distillery and enjoy a wee dram before joining the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard to Connect With Locals over a home-cooked Be My Guest Farewell Dinner, amidst tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
The rugged beauty and warmth of Scotland’s people forever in your memory, we enjoy one last hearty breakfast with our travel companions before wishing them and your Travel Director a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 2 Dinners
- 6 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Ferry from the Isle of Skye to Mallaig
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Explore Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- Discover Glasgow and Stirling
- Visit Edinburgh Castle, Pitlochry, the Isle of Skye, Glasgow Cathedral, Culloden Battlefield, Stirling Castle and Glengoyne whisky distillery in Glasgow
- View the 18th green at St. Andrews, the Glenfinnan Monument, Eilean Donan Castle, Loch Ness, Glencoe, Necropolis and George Square in Glasgow
- Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates
- Connect With Locals Join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard for a home-cooked Scottish Be My Guest dinner, tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Glengoyne, known as Scotland's most beautiful whisky distillery, for a tour and a tasting of their unique Highland single malt whisky.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2022-23
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20