Explore your itinerary
Get lost in the narrow lanes of Edinburgh – the Scottish capital with a mystical air that combines ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Spend your day at leisure delving into its rich history and embracing the warm culture of the Scots, before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception with a light meal and drinks.
Join your Local Specialist this morning for an intriguing sightseeing tour of the city. Ascend Castle Rock and visit Edinburgh Castle, which watches over the surrounding city from its elevated vantage point. Stroll through the Old Town along the Royal Mile and see the stunning Palace of Holyroodhouse before enjoying time at leisure to soak up the city's festive atmosphere. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Tread in the footsteps of the world's golfing greats and head to St. Andrews en route to the glorious Scottish Highlands. A scenic drive takes us north and across the Firth of Tay, past the city of Dundee to Pitlochry. After lunch, enjoy some free time to explore its riverside setting or join an Optional Experience to Blair Castle, the ancestral home of the Clan Murray. Our day in beautiful surrounds comes to an end with a cosy dinner at our hotel located within the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.
HighlightsEdinburgh, St. Andrews, Pitlochry, Scottish Highlands
Continue your journey to the tragic battlefield of Culloden. Pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising, then travel past Scotland's infamous Loch Ness. The solitary beauty of Eilean Donan Castle will leave you speechless before you continue to the coast and cross to the Isle of Skye. Heather-clad peaks provide a stunning backdrop for our scenic drive across the Sleat Peninsula. Indulge in some free time for lunch before boarding your ferry in Armadale and crossing to Mallaig, back on the mainland.
HighlightsScottish Highlands, Culloden, Isle of Skye, Scottish Highlands
Our first stop today sees us commemorate World War II history at the Commando Memorial near Fort William, from which we admire spectacular views of Britain's highest peak – Ben Nevis. We journey through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Here we remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692. Join a wildlife cruise on Loch Lomond, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. Continuing towards the River Clyde, we arrive at our final stop for the day – Glasgow.
HighlightsScottish Highlands, Glencoe, Glasgow
Madainn mhath! While your Gaelic may be a little rusty, your orientation tour around this edgy city will be anything but. Begin your day seeing Glasgow's iconic sights. Enjoy views of the Necropolis, the regal George Square and River Clyde, for over 200 years the centre of shipbuilding. Later, we Dive Into Culture at Clydeside whisky distillery and enjoy a wee dram. Continue to Stirling, to see its hilltop fortress, which stands as a symbol of national pride. Stirling Castle was once the seat of Scottish kings and queens, including Mary, Queen of Scots. View the Wallace Monument from the castle walls, paying tribute to the Scottish hero who fought for Scotland's independence. After we join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard to Connect With Locals over a home-cooked Be My Guest Farewell Dinner, amidst tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
HighlightsGlasgow, Stirling, Glasgow
The rugged beauty and warmth of Scotland’s people forever in your memory, we enjoy one last hearty breakfast with our travel companions before wishing them and your Travel Director a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at http://www.https://www.brendanvacations.com//freetransfers.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Ferry from the Isle of Skye to Mallaig
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 6 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Dinner (D)
- Kinlochard: Join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard for a home-cooked Scottish Be My Guest dinner, tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
- Glasgow: Visit Glengoyne, known as Scotland's most beautiful whisky distillery, for a tour and a tasting of their unique Highland single malt whisky.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Specialist as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the King, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Scottish Highlands: Admire picturesque lochs and glens as you travel through the Scottish Highlands.
- Inverness: At the exciting Culloden Visitor Centre, discover why the Battle of Culloden lasted only an hour yet changed the Highland way of life forever.
- Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial.
- Glencoe: Visit this Highland village on Loch Leven.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings of Glasgow, including George Square.
- Stirling: Visit Stirling and see its castle, once the seat of Scottish royalty.
- : Explore Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Glasgow and Stirling
- : Visit Edinburgh Castle, Pitlochry, the Isle of Skye, Glasgow Cathedral, Culloden Battlefield, Stirling Castle and a whisky distillery.
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20| BN#776064719 | TICO # R50025597 and W50025598