Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Write your own lively tale of legends and iconic landscapes during this epic encounter with Ireland's treasures. We begin our journey in the whimsical capital of Dublin, joining a Local Specialist to see the sights. Irish history takes centre stage this evening as we visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral, one of the few buildings of medieval Dublin still left standing, for a Welcome Reception with your fellow travellers and Travel Director. You’ll get a taste for the centuries of history you’re about to explore first-hand, learning how the very place you’re standing in has played an integral role in Ireland’s history for over eight centuries and how its most prominent office holder was none other than Jonathan Swift, the famous author.
HotelHilton Garden Inn/Clayton Ballsbridge
Journey through the scenic countryside of County Wicklow, 'The Garden of Ireland', and on to New Ross – the ancestral home town of John F. Kennedy. Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the plight of the starving Irish emigrants who boarded the Dunbrody Famine Ship to flee the potato famine. We continue to Waterford, where we'll stay overnight. This afternoon, we celebrate the centuries-old craft of flint glass creations, as we Dive Into Culture at the House of Waterford Crystal and witness talented master craftsmen at work.
HighlightsNew Ross, Waterford
Today, we travel through County Cork and pursue the 'gift of the gab' at Blarney Castle, where you'll have a chance to kiss the famous stone. Arrive in Killarney for a two-night stay.
HotelKillarney Towers/Hotel Killarney
Ireland's soul-stirring Ring of Kerry takes centre stage today as we embark on a scenic drive past its mountains, lakes and lush green countryside – unquestionably one of the most scenic routes in Ireland. We'll see Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley, whose remoteness saw it become the last area in Ireland to receive electricity.
We continue through the windswept countryside, arriving in Adare, one of the prettiest villages in Ireland. On arrival in Limerick, where we’ll enjoy views of St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and the 13th-century King John's Castle during an orientation tour. Delve into an Ireland of old, as you discover the day-to-day life of the Irish during the 18th and 19th centuries on your included visit to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park this afternoon.
HotelGreat National South Court/Greenhills
The sheer Cliffs of Moher plunge dramatically into the Atlantic Ocean, providing endless ocean views and wonderful photographic opportunities during your MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience at this UNESCO-listed highlight along the Wild Atlantic Way. You’ll be enchanted by its irresistible landscapes, but more so the interactive visitor centre which will bring the whole experience to life from the perspective of the resident wildlife that find sanctuary here. Later, we arrive in Galway with some time at leisure to see its beautiful stone Cathedral or stroll through Eyre Square.
Connemara's 'savage beauty' is yours to explore today as we tread in the footsteps of Oscar Wilde who described its 'wild and mountainous splendour' as magnificent. Admire the views on the scenic drive to Kylemore Abbey, now a Benedictine monastery, where we will embark on an included visit to the country's most romantic castle and walk through its exquisite Victorian Walled Garden.
Our journey takes us to Westport House where we'll Connect With Locals and indulge in a memorable Be My Guest experience with tales of the Pirate Queen, and enjoy Banoffee and Baileys flavours in the Drawing Room of this stately 18th-century home. Heading north, we stop in the pilgrimage town of Knock to view the Marian Shrine where villagers witnessed an apparition of Our Lady in 1879. We arrive in Sligo this evening, our home for the night.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
HighlightsWestport, Knock, Sligo
Our journey continues south to Dublin. Here we’ll enjoy some free time to take a walk down Grafton Street or stroll along the Liffey. This evening, we close the chapter on an epic journey through Ireland, joining our fellow travellers for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
HotelClayton Dublin Airport
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
After a hearty Irish breakfast, we bid our Travel Director and fellow travellers a fond farewell as our Irish holiday comes to an end. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 3 Dinners
- 9 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Explore Dublin with a Local Specialist
- Discover Waterford, Killarney, Limerick and Galway
- Visit St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, the Dunbrody Famine Ship in New Ross, the crystal showroom at Waterford, Blarney Castle to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', Adare, Bunratty Folk Park, Cliffs of Moher, Connemara and Kylemore Abbey
- View King John's Castle in Limerick and the Marian Shrine in Knock
- See St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick and Galway Cathedral
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Connect With Locals Enjoy a traditional Be My Guest High Tea hosted in the Drawing Room of a stately 18th-century home near the charming town of Westport.
- Dive into Culture Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Dive into Culture Explore the tragic history of Ireland's famine emigration at the Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience, a replica of one of the original ships used in the 1800s.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
Killarney Towers/Hotel Killarney
Great National South Court/Greenhills
Clayton Dublin Airport
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20