Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
You're in for a grand time on this family jaunt through the 'Emerald Isle', which begins in Dublin. Explore the lively Irish capital with your clan in tow before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers this afternoon for a Kickoff Party and sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist. View St. Patrick's Cathedral, the stately Georgian Squares and Trinity College.
No need to follow the rainbow for this morning's chance encounter with Ireland's lucky little people. Visit the home of the last remaining leprechauns with a Local Specialist and learn how your belief in their existence keeps them alive. Journey to County Down, arriving at the Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories and your home for the night. Spend the afternoon at leisure strolling along the waterfront or relaxing at the pool of this lovingly maintained Victorian hotel, where you will also enjoy dinner tonight.
HotelSlieve Donard Resort & Spa
It's time for some Family Fun to play the 'Game of Thrones'. After a leisurely start to your day, head to the 'Winterfell Castle Archery Range' movie set for behind-the-scenes insights into this award-winning series. Dress in costumes from the program and try your hand at shooting medieval arrows using ancient bows. Snap a selfie or two, then head to Belfast, your home for the next two nights, where you'll delve into the crossroads of British and Irish culture during an introductory sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the Queen's University, then admire the colourful murals that line the city streets, an enduring symbol of Northern Ireland, depicting the region's political and religious divisions.
Tread in the footsteps of Finn MacCool – his geometric Giant's Causeway is more the stuff of legends than the result of ancient volcanic activity which left its mark on the northern Irish coast. Admire the 40,000 interlocking basalt columns that fade into the sea, then see the enchanting tunnel of the Dark Hedges. Your visit will Make Travel Matter by helping to conserve this iconic landmark. After a day of myths, legends and Hollywood blockbusters, consider tucking into an optional Fish and Chips pub dinner.
Dive Into Culture at the Titanic Belfast Experience and gain a new perspective into the world's most famous ship and the tragedy that befell it. Then, journey to Londonderry, where we join a Local Specialist who will take us on a stroll along its ancient walls. We continue to Sligo, where we'll dine in our hotel tonight.
HighlightsLondonderry, Belfast, Sligo
We Connect With Locals and join the Feeneys on their sheep farm located on the edge of the scenic Wild Atlantic Way. Martin will teach you the art of sheepdog handling and you'll learn about the role and use of wool on the farm. You may even get to cuddle puppies at this Be My Guest experience with this warm couple. Later, we travel to Galway and enjoy an orientation tour. This evening, consider an Optional Experience to Bunratty Folk Park or the Knappogue Medieval Banquet.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
Your first stop today is the sheer Cliffs of Moher. Admire how they rise over 200 metres from the pounding surf below. We travel south to the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes. Dive Into Culture as you board a replica Boeing 314 to experience life as a passenger. Dinner is at your hotel this evening.
Admire Ireland's enduring scenic beauty on one of the most beautiful drives in the world. Circling the spectacular Ring of Kerry, we see mountains, valleys, lakes and sea blend into a landscape that has inspired writers and poets for centuries. The afternoon is free to explore Killarney on your own.
Visit Blarney Castle and secure your 'gift of the gab' after kissing its Blarney Stone, then journey through the lush landscapes and counties to the capital, Dublin. Our shamrock shenanigans nearing their end, we join our fellow travellers and Travel Director for a rousing Farewell Dinner. We board a canal barge tonight to reminisce over the fun we've had with our family and newfound friends.
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
For now, it's time to say a fond slán abhaile to your fellow travellers as you close the curtain on an unforgettable journey through the 'Emerald Isle'. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 9 breakfasts
- 5 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Explore Dublin, Belfast and Londonderry with a Local Specialist
- Discover Limerick and County Galway
- Visit Winterfell Castle, the Giant's Causeway, Titanic Experience in Belfast and the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes
- View King John's Castle in Limerick
- See St. Patrick's Cathedral and the Georgian Squares in Dublin and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Connect with Locals On the edge of the Wild Atlantic Way visit the Feeney's sheep farm, where you'll learn about life on the farm before a Be My Guest morning tea. (Day 6)
- Dive into Culture Discover the full story of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast visitor attraction and monument in Belfast. (Day 5) Visit Foynes Flying Boat Museum, the only dedicated flying boat museum in the world, to gain insight into the rich history of aviation. (Day 7)
- Family Fun Become a medieval archer... dress the part and try your hand at hitting the bullseye. (Day 3)
- Stays with Stories County Down's Slieve Donard Resort and Spa features Victorian architecture and a beautiful coastal landscape. (Day 2)
- Make Travel Matter In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who will explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark. (Day 4)
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
Slieve Donard Resort & Spa
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20