Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Embrace your playful side and discover the allure of the lively Irish capital - a small city with a lot of heart and yours to explore before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers this afternoon for a sightseeing tour with your Local Specialist. See St. Patrick's Cathedral, the stately Georgian Squares and Trinity College. We enjoy a Welcome Reception this evening, joining a Local Specialist at the Glasnevin Trust to hear about the brave characters from Ireland's recent history and hear how our visit Makes Travel Matter and preserves Irish history.
Leaving the cosmopolitan streets of Dublin behind, we travel to Northern Ireland and the bustling city of Belfast, where you will have some free time to enjoy a spud for lunch or perhaps an Irish stew. Later, we meet our Local Specialist 'Cabbie' for an insider view of the city's living history during a journey through its vibrant streets in a real taxi. We spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure, or perhaps join an Optional Experience.
HotelPark Inn by Radisson/Maldron City
Dive Into Culture during a visit to the award-winning Titanic Belfast Experience. Gain insights into the tragic story of the Titanic and its passengers who lost their lives in the icy Atlantic. We leave the city behind us, travelling along the beautiful Antrim coast road to the Giant's Causeway and walk in the footsteps of Finn MacCool. Make Travel Matter by helping to conserve this iconic natural landmark. Take some time to admire the natural spectacle of 40,000 interlocking basalt columns before continuing to Londonderry, our home for the next two nights.
HighlightsLondonderry, Bushmills, Belfast
Join your Local Specialist for a walk along the 17th-century city walls and see the formerly turbulent Bogside neighbourhood, with its street murals depicting the history of the 'Troubles'. Spend a free afternoon walking along the pretty Foyle River or consider joining an Optional Experience to Inishowen Peninsula, with its rich history. This evening we dine at our hotel.
We journey through the lush countryside to Belleek, where we'll Dive Into Culture and witness talented pottery craftsmen create the exquisite collectables that have graced homes since the mid-19th century. Arrive in County Galway later, where we will stay for the next two nights.
HotelMaldron Oranmore/Maldron Sandy Road
The rugged beauty of Connemara was captured in the film 'The Quiet Man' with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Its loughs and mountains are yours to explore today during a scenic drive. We arrive at Kylemore Abbey later to visit the country's most romantic castle and ramble through the hidden nooks of its Victorian walled garden. Returning to Galway, we enjoy some free time to explore its imposing stone Cathedral or stroll through Eyre Square, which John F. Kennedy visited in 1963.
See the imposing sheer Cliffs of Moher rising over 200 metres above the pounding sea and learn about the history of these natural phenomena during a visit to the 'Atlantic Edge' exhibition. We Connect With Locals and join Oonagh to forage before our Be My Guest experience at the Barrtra Seafood restaurant along the world famous Wild Atlantic Way. Enjoy spectacular views of the dramatic coastline before boarding a ferry across the tranquil Shannon River estuary. Then, continue through County Kerry to your hotel in Killarney, where we'll have an evening at leisure or join in the craic at an optional Irish ceilidh.
HotelKillarney Towers/Hotel Killarney
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
The soul-stirring landscapes of Iveragh Peninsula provide a mesmerising backdrop for our scenic coastal drive around the Ring of Kerry - an unimaginably beautiful natural setting. En route we will see Killorglin, famous for its annual 'Puck Fair', as well as Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the fishing village of Waterville, the Black Valley and Moll's Gap.
Today you might acquire the 'gift of the gab', bending over backwards to kiss the Blarney Stone before we travel to Waterford. Admire the delicate creations of fine crystal during a visit to the House of Waterford Crystal where we will Dive Into Culture and witness a demonstration by master craftsmen. This evening, we arrive in Kilkenny with its imposing 12th-century castle, once the seat of the Butlers of Ormonde.
HighlightsKilkenny, Waterford, Blarney
After a morning exploration of Kilkenny, we depart for New Ross where we'll see the monument to John F. Kennedy, who visited his ancestral family hometown in 1963. Dive Into Culture and gain insights into the tragic plight of Irish emigrants during the potato famine of the 1800s on our visit to the nearby three-masted Famine Ship Dunbrody. Journey through the lush Irish countryside of County Wicklow, the 'Garden of Ireland', and back to Dublin where you'll spend your final evening with travel companions sharing stories of your memorable journey through Ireland at a Farewell Dinner.
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
HighlightsDublin, New Ross
It's time to say a fond farewell to Ireland and newfound friends as you prepare to end your wonderful Irish experience. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 10 breakfasts
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- 5 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Explore Dublin, Belfast and Londonderry with a Local Specialist
- Discover Galway and Waterford
- Visit the Glasnevin Trust in Dublin, the Titanic Experience in Belfast, the UNESCO World Heritage site at the Giant's Causeway, Belleek to see how the famous pottery is made, Kylemore Abbey, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the Famine Ship in New Ross
- View the City Walls and Murals of Londonderry
- See St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin and Galway Cathedral
- Scenic Drive through Connemara and along the Ring of Kerry
- Connect with Locals Go foraging with Oonagh and enjoy a delightful Be My Guest lunch at the O'Brien's homely Barrtra Seafood restaurant overlooking beautiful Liscannor Bay. (Day 7)
- Dive into Culture Discover the full story of the Titanic at the Titanic Belfast visitor centre in Belfast. (Day 3) See traditional craftsmen at work at the Belleek Pottery Visitor Centre, one of the oldest working potteries in the world. (Day 5) Learn how Irish crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a demonstration. (Day 9) Explore the tragic history of Ireland's famine emigration at the Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience, a replica of one of the original ships used in the 1800s. (Day 10)
- Make Travel Matter At the Glasnevin Cemetery Museum in Dublin, you'll learn about the cemetery's importance to Irish history and how your visit helps to fund the cemetery's preservation. (Day 1) In Northern Ireland you'll discover the legend of the Giant's Causeway as you explore with an expert, who'll explain how your visit helps conserve this iconic natural landmark. (Day 3)
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
Killarney Towers/Hotel Killarney
Maldron Oranmore/Maldron Sandy Road
Park Inn by Radisson/Maldron City
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20