Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Put a little Irish spring in your step and stroll through the lyrical capital of Dublin – your springboard to an unforgettable jaunt through the treasures of Ireland. Join a Local Specialist this afternoon to explore the city's iconic sights. Walk the cobbled courtyard of Trinity College and see the Book of Kells. Then, enjoy a Welcome Reception to get to know your fellow travellers.
Departing Dublin this morning, we journey to the peaceful monastic ruins at Glendalough which survived repeated Viking attacks over the centuries. We'll Dive Into Culture, watching the master craftsmen of the House of Waterford Crystal as they create delicate works of art. Our final stop today is the 'rebel' city of Cork, where we'll have a free evening to enjoy a little Irish craic and soak up the lively atmosphere of this university city. Our Stays With Stories hotel is the historic Maldron Shandon. Originally Cork’s first general hospital opened in 1720, the building has a colourful history that has seen it survive wars, political upheaval, fire and demolition threats before it opened its doors as a grand hotel.
Stop in Cobh, the charming seaside town that was the final port of call for the tragic Titanic on its fateful voyage. Join your Local Specialist for a walking tour to re-live the timeline of the Titanic, then embark on a scenic drive to Blarney Castle, kissing its famous stone to acquire the 'gift of the gab'. Continue to Killarney where you’ll spend the next two nights.
Stop and admire the dazzling Torc Waterfall during your leisurely guided walk with a Local Specialist along wooden paths and lakeshore trails. Having stretched your legs, you’ll have an opportunity to admire the enduring beauty along Ireland's most scenic coastal drive around the Ring of Kerry. Later, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience awaits at Muckross Traditional Farms. Here you’ll join your companions for a Be My Guest encounter with an Irish rural community from the 1930s and Connect With Locals, stepping back in time to learn about traditional Irish farm life against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney. You’ll emerge from the experience with an overwhelming feeling of nostalgia for simpler times and the knowledge that through your visit you are helping to preserve the heritage of rural Ireland for generations to come.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
Delve into the era of the first transatlantic flights during a visit to the Flying Boat Museum in Foynes. At one time, it was the refuelling point for Pan Am's Flying Boat, the Yankee Clipper. Picture life as a passenger onboard a replica Boeing 314 as we Dive Into Culture and experience the aircraft first hand. You will walk away knowing how Irish Coffee was invented. Here you can imagine yourself a weary passenger, delayed due to bad weather while you sip your own cup of 'Foynes Original,' used to treat nervous passengers years ago. This afternoon we enjoy an unforgettable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience at the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Centre. This wonderfully engaging experience brings one of Ireland’s most treasured natural phenomena to life in an interactive way that will leave you with stories to tell for years to come. Enjoy the IMAX-type multimedia which gives visitors a bird’s eye view of the cliffs or dive virtually beneath the surface of the Atlantic and into the underwater caves at the foot of the cliffs that would have otherwise gone unseen. Continue to your hotel in Limerick where we spend the night.
Our epic journey through the highlights of Ireland has come to an end. For now it’s time to wish your fellow travellers slán abhaile as our memorable holiday comes to an end. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 5 Breakfasts
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Discover Waterford, Cork and Killarney
- Explore Dublin, Titanic Story in Cobh and Killarney National Park with a Local Specialist
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- See Dublin's Georgian Squares
- View St. Kevin's Cross in Glendalough and King John's Castle in Limerick
- Visit Trinity College, Glendalough, Waterford Crystal, Blarney Castle, Torc Waterfall, Foynes Flying Boat Museum and the Cliffs of Moher
- Connect With Locals It's 1930s Ireland revisited. Visit the working farms of Muckross taking you back to a time of traditional farming. Learn how to churn butter and dine in the Quilles Farmhouse against the scenic backdrop of the lakes of Killarney.
- Dive into Culture Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Foynes Flying Boat Museum, the only dedicated flying boat museum in the world, to gain insight into the rich history of aviation.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help preserve the Cliffs of Moher for generations to come and learn about its extraordinary geology, history and the species that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Help preserve the heritage of rural Ireland when you visit Muckross Traditional Farms and learn how the Irish lived and worked the land in the 1930s and 1940s.
- Stays with Stories Discover centuries of tumultuous history staying at the Maldron Shandon hotel, a building that has survived wars, fires and threats of demolition to become the grand hotel it is today.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20