Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Savings any way you go
Save up to 12.5% on this itinerary. Click here for terms and conditions.
Tread in the footsteps of James Joyce and Oscar Wilde, through the lyrical streets of Dublin - your launch pad to a memorable encounter with Ireland's iconic highlights. After a leisurely morning, meet a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour with views of Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral and the stately Georgian Squares. Indulge in a little Irish craic this evening, joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
HotelMaldron Kevin Street
We journey to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll see its stone cathedral on the banks of the Corrib and spend some free time exploring its colourful façades. Irish traditions and heritage are explored next, during a visit to Bunratty Castle and its Folk Park, a living history museum that reveals insights into life in Ireland during the 18th and 19th centuries. Continue on to Limerick, for an orientation tour to view the 13th-century King John's Castle overlooking the Shannon.
We leave Limerick and stop at the spectacular Cliffs of Moher to visit the 'Atlantic Edge' exhibition. After a scenic drive, we take a short ferry journey across the Shannon estuary. Our home for the next two nights is the colourful little town of Killarney.
Circle the spectacular Ring of Kerry - its emerald green hills, centuries-old stone villages and vivid blue seascapes provide a soul-stirring backdrop for our leisurely drive around a beautiful coastline that has inspired writers and poets for centuries. We'll see Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the coastal village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley, renowned for being the last place in Ireland without electricity and telephone networks.
Cross the rugged Kerry Mountains and travel to Blarney Castle to kiss the stone and acquire the 'gift of the gab'. Continue to Waterford, where we will have dinner at our hotel.
Dive Into Culture and witness the centuries-old tradition of crafting fine glass at the House of Waterford Crystal. Here we will watch the talented master craftsmen in their workshop creating exquisite pieces. Our next stop is in the town of New Ross, where we'll see the monument to John F. Kennedy who travelled to his ancestral family hometown in 1963. We'll visit the three-masted famine ship Dunbrody and Dive Into Culture yet again, gaining insights into the tragic plight of the Irish emigrants who fled the potato famine during the 1800s. Continuing through County Wexford and the lush countryside of County Wicklow, we journey to Dublin stopping en route at Glenealy Farmhouse. We'll Connect With Locals over a Be My Guest Farewell Dinner and meet the Fulvio family.
HotelClayton Dublin Airport
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
HighlightsDublin, Waterford, New Ross
For now, it's time to say a fond slán abhaile to your fellow travellers as you close the curtain on an unforgettable journey through the 'Emerald Isle'. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 6 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon Estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Explore Dublin with a Local Specialist
- Discover Galway, Limerick and Waterford
- Visit Bunratty Folk Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross
- View King John's Castle in Limerick
- See St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin, the Cathedral of Galway and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick
- Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
Clayton Dublin Airport
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20