Explore your itinerary
Savings any way you go
Save up to 12.5% on this itinerary. Click here for terms and conditions.
Tread in the footsteps of James Joyce and Oscar Wilde, through the lyrical streets of Dublin - your launch pad to a memorable encounter with Ireland's iconic highlights. After a leisurely morning, meet a 'Local Specialist' for a sightseeing tour with views of Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral and the stately Georgian Squares. Indulge in a little Irish craic this evening, joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
HotelMaldron Parnell Square
We journey to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll see its stone cathedral on the banks of the Corrib and spend some free time exploring its colourful façades. Irish traditions and heritage are explored next, during a visit to Bunratty Castle and its Folk Park, a living history museum that reveals insights into life in Ireland during the 18th and 19th centuries. Be sure to drop into Mac's for a pint, meet the Bean an Tí in one of the thatched cottages, and try to spot a fairy. Continue on to Limerick, for an orientation tour to view the 13th-century King John's Castle overlooking the Shannon.
We leave Limerick and stop at the spectacular Cliffs of Moher to visit to the 'Atlantic Edge' exhibition. After a scenic drive, we take a short ferry journey across the Shannon estuary. Our home for the next two nights is the colourful little town of Killarney.
Circle the spectacular Ring of Kerry - its emerald green hills, centuries-old stone villages and vivid blue seascapes provide a soul-stirring backdrop for our leisurely drive around a beautiful coastline that has inspired writers and poets for centuries. We'll see Daniel O'Connell's Cahirciveen, the coastal village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley, renowned for being the last place in Ireland without electricity and telephone networks.
Cross the rugged Kerry Mountains and travel to Blarney Castle to kiss the stone and acquire the 'gift of the gab'. En route to Waterford, we stop in the historic seaport town of Youghal, once home to Sir Walter Raleigh. This evening we dine in our hotel.
'Dive Into Culture' and witness the centuries-old tradition of crafting fine glass at the House of Waterford Crystal. Here we will watch the talented master craftsmen in their workshop creating exquisite pieces. Our next stop is in the town of New Ross, where we'll see the monument to John F. Kennedy who travelled to his ancestral family hometown in 1963. We'll visit the three-masted famine ship Dunbrody and 'Dive Into Culture' yet again, gaining insights into the tragic plight of the Irish emigrants who fled the potato famine during the 1800s. Continuing through County Wexford and the lush countryside of County Wicklow, we journey to Dublin stopping en route at Ballyknocken Farmhouse, where we'll 'Connect With Locals' over a 'Be My Guest' dinner and meet the Fulvio family.
HotelClayton Airport/Maldron Parnell Square
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
HighlightsDublin, Waterford, New Ross
For now, it's time to say a fond slán abhaile to your fellow travellers as you close the curtain on an unforgettable journey through the 'Emerald Isle'. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 6 breakfasts
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon Estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- SCENIC DRIVE of the Ring of Kerry
- ORIENTATION of Galway, Limerick and Waterford
- SEE the Cathedral of Galway and St. Mary's Cathedral in Limerick
- SIGHTSEEING TOUR with a Local Specialist in Dublin
- VIEW St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin and King John's Castle in Limerick
- VISIT Bunratty Folk Park, the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney to kiss the stone and gain the 'gift of the gab', the Crystal Showroom at Waterford and the famine ship in New Ross
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
Clayton Airport/Maldron Parnell Square