Explore your itinerary
A warm welcome to Dublin, a modern multi-cultural city that embraces its past and exudes an enduring sense of fun. Meet your Local Specialist this afternoon for a guided city tour to view the elegant Georgian Squares and St. Patrick's Cathedral. Visit Trinity College and see the Book of Kells, said to be the world's most famous medieval manuscript. A special Welcome Reception this evening sees you visiting EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum.
HotelClayton Cardiff Lane
Journey through the lush green countryside before your first stop at Strokestown where we will Dive Into Culture at the Irish Famine Museum, delving into the stories of the 1840s famine. See the haunting pleas of starving tenants on the estate and the response they received, before continuing to Ballina.
HotelGreat National Ballina
HighlightsDublin, Strokestown, Ballina
Travel to Westport and meet your Local Specialist for a walking tour during which you’ll learn about the town's heritage – from its settlement 5,000 years ago to modern-day times. Later, visit the Benedictine monastery of Kylemore Abbey, set against the striking backdrop of Lake Kylemore, and stroll through its walled Victorian gardens. We continue to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll see Galway Cathedral and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
HighlightsBallina, Westport, Galway
Our first stop today is the Cliffs of Moher, you’ll remember for years to come as you watch the cliffs plunge dramatically into the Atlantic waters below. Beyond the endless views and the opportunity to capture on film the colonies of curious-looking puffins that find sanctuary in its nooks and crannies, you’ll have an opportunity to visit the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Experience which really brings this natural phenomenon to life in an interactive way, leaving you with a deep understanding of this special place. Later, we cross the Shannon Estuary by ferry to Killarney, our home for the next two nights. Spend a free evening soaking up some unforgettable Irish craic or delve into the town's centuries-old history.
HighlightsGalway, Cliffs of Moher, Killarney
Dramatic vistas are ours to enjoy as we circle the achingly beautiful Ring of Kerry – one of the most scenic drives on the 'Emerald Isle'. Meet John, a seaweed advocate and educator for a seaweed foraging walk, a MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Experience. See a soul-stirring landscape that has inspired poets, artists and writers for centuries, before returning to Killarney where you have the rest of the afternoon free to explore on your terms. Next, a leisurely guided walk at Torc Waterfall with a Local Specialist taking you along the lakeshore and past the farmlands of the 19th-century Muckross Estate.
HighlightsKillarney, Ring of Kerry, Killarney
Kiss the famous Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and receive the 'gift of the gab'. Travel to County Kilkenny to discover the 12th-century town of Newtown Jerpoint and hear about the saint buried there, who inspired the legend of Santa Claus. Later, we meet local farmers Joe and Maeve O'Connell at their home, Belmore House, to Connect With Locals at a Be My Guest experience and hear the tale of the ‘lost' town over dinner.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
HighlightsKillarney, Blarney, Kilkenny
Kilkenny holds a long history for Ireland's national sport - hurling. Meet an experienced player to gain exciting insight to this unique Irish cultural experience and have a go for yourself to pitch. Returning to the Irish capital, enjoy some free time to take a walk down Grafton Street or stroll along the Liffey. All that's left to say is a rousing sláinte or two while you indulge in a memorable Farewell Dinner, enjoying a fun night out at a classic public house in the city. Admire the authentic Victorian bar and walk up the original staircase from Trinity College, which was featured in the Michael Caine film 'Educating Rita'.
HotelClayton Dublin Airport
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
It’s time to close the chapter on an unforgettable Irish holiday. We bid our newfound friends and Travel Director a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon estuary
- Optional Experiences and free time
- : Explore Dublin, Killarney National Park and Westport with a Local Specialist
- : Discover Galway and Killarney
- : Visit Trinity College and EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum in Dublin, the National Irish Famine Museum at Strokestown Park, Kylemore Abbey, Cliffs of Moher and Blarney Castle
- : View the mountains of the Connemara and Torc Waterfall
- : See St. Patrick's Cathedral and the Georgian Squares in Dublin and Galway Cathedral
- : Scenic Cruise across the Shannon Estuary
- : Scenic Drive of the Ring of Kerry
- Strokestown: Visit the Irish National Famine Museum for insights into the plight of the starving people of Ireland during the Great Irish Famine in the mid-19th century.
- Kilkenny: Travel to 12th-century Ireland and explore the remains of the Lost Town of Newtown Jerpoint followed by a hearty Irish Be My Guest dinner with the O'Connells and a spot of Eton Mess.
Great National Ballina
Clayton Dublin Airport
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20