Explore your itinerary
A warm welcome to Dublin, a modern multi-cultural city that embraces its past and exudes an enduring sense of fun. Meet your 'Local Specialist' this afternoon for a guided city tour to view the elegant Georgian Squares and St. Patrick's Cathedral. A special Welcome Reception this evening sees you visiting EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum.
Journey through the lush green countryside before your first stop at Strokestown where we will 'Dive Into Culture' at the Irish Famine Museum, delving into the stories of the 1840s famine. See the haunting pleas of starving tenants on the estate and the response they received, before continuing to Enniscrone.
Travel to Westport and meet your 'Local Specialist' for a walking tour during which you'll learn about the town's heritage - from its settlement 5,000 years ago to modern-day times. Visit the Benedictine monastery of Kylemore Abbey, set against the striking backdrop of Lake Kylemore, and stroll through its walled Victorian gardens. We continue to Galway, the 'City of Tribes', where we'll see Galway Cathedral and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
HotelConnacht/Maldron Oranmore/Maldron Sandy Road
HighlightsKylemore, Galway, Westport
The sheer Cliffs of Moher plunge dramatically into the Atlantic Ocean, providing endless ocean views which we'll have an opportunity to admire during a morning visit. Later, we cross the Shannon estuary by ferry to Killarney, our home for the next two nights. Spend a free evening soaking up some unforgettable Irish craic or delve into the town's centuries-old history.
Dramatic vistas are ours to enjoy as we circle the achingly beautiful Ring of Kerry - one of the most scenic drives on the Emerald Isle. See a soul-stirring landscape that has inspired poets, artists and writers for centuries, before returning to Killarney where you have the rest of the afternoon free to explore on your terms. Consider a leisurely guided walk at Torc Waterfall with a 'Local Specialist' taking you along the lakeshore and past the farmlands of the 19th-century Muckross Estate.
Kiss the famous Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and receive the 'gift of the gab'. Travel to County Kilkenny to discover the 12th-century town of Newtown Jerpoint and hear about the saint buried there, who inspired the legend of Santa Claus. Later, we meet local farmers Joe and Maeve O'Connell at their home, Belmore House, to 'Connect With Locals' over a 'Be My Guest' dinner and hear the tale of the 'lost' town.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
HighlightsKilkenny, Blarney, Thomastown
Visit Kilkenny Castle, an Anglo-Norman stone castle that sits majestically over the Nore River. In the castle basement, you'll find the Butler Gallery, one of Ireland's most important art galleries outside of Dublin. Returning to the Irish capital, visit Trinity College and enjoy priority access to see the Book of Kells, said to be the world's most famous medieval manuscript. All that's left to say is a rousing sláinte or two while you indulge in a memorable Farewell Dinner, enjoying a fun night out at a classic public house in the city. Admire the authentic Victorian bar and walk up the original staircase from Trinity College, which was featured in the Michael Caine film 'Educating Rita'.
HotelClayton Dublin Airport
MealsBreakfast, Farewell Dinner
It's time to close the chapter on an unforgettable Irish holiday. We bid our newfound friends and Travel Director a fond farewell. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.
- 7 breakfasts
- 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Shannon estuary
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Services of a professional Travel Director
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
- WALKING TOUR in Killarney National Park and Westport
- ORIENTATION of Galway and Killarney
- VISIT EPIC - The Irish Emigration Museum, The National Irish Famine Museum at Strokestown Park, Kylemore Abbey, Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, Kilkenny Castle and Trinity College
- SEE St. Patrick's Cathedral, Galway Cathedral, the mountains of the Connemara and Torc Waterfall
- SEE Dublin's Georgian Squares
- SCENIC CRUISE across the Shannon Estuary
- SCENIC DRIVE of the Ring of Kerry
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2020-21
Connacht/Maldron Oranmore/Maldron Sandy Road
Clayton Dublin Airport
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20