Explore your itinerary
Optional Experiences are enhancements to your tour and can be booked through your Travel Director while on trip. Explore the Optional Experiences available on this itinerary; subject to change.
We journey through the Yorkshire Dales National Park to the beautiful Lake District, which has inspired poets and writers for centuries. A highlight on our journey is England's pretty Lake Windermere, which we’ll pass as we continue through countryside made famous by the poet William Wordsworth. We'll cross the border, into Scotland, to the runaway wedding capital of Gretna Green. Here eloping couples would tie the knot over the Marriage Anvil. We drive through the Southern Uplands to vibrant Glasgow where our orientation will take us past Glasgow Cathedral and George Square. Tonight, consider joining an Optional Experience featuring a fabulous dinner and Scottish entertainment.
HighlightsHarrogate, Gretna Green, Glasgow
From the cultural capital of Glasgow to enchanting Edinburgh, with its exquisite medieval façades, our encounter with Scotland will see us join a Local Specialist for a memorable sightseeing tour. We’ll visit Edinburgh Castle, perched atop Castle Rock overlooking the city, and see the Royal Mile, the elegant Palace of Holyroodhouse and the new Scottish Parliament. Admire the elegant Georgian architecture in the New Town and amble through the secret lanes of Auld Reekie before returning to Glasgow this evening for a delicious meal at a local restaurant.
HighlightsGlasgow, Edinburgh, Glasgow
Follow the rugged Ayrshire coast, past the island of Ailsa Craig, the stepping stone from Ireland to Scotland. Board the ferry to Northern Ireland, then join a Local Specialist to explore the crossroads of British and Irish culture in Belfast. We’ll view City Hall and the dock where the Titanic was built. This evening, we arrive in the vibrant capital of Ireland where we'll spend the next two nights.
HotelClayton Ballsbridge, The Address Hotel Connolly
HighlightsGlasgow, Belfast, Dublin
Dive Into Culture and discover the fascinating 250-year-old story of Guinness at its original home, the Guinness Storehouse. Top it off with a taste in their Gravity Bar while you enjoy the panoramic views of Dublin. Drive through the pretty streets of Dublin with a Local Specialist to admire the stately Georgian Squares, Trinity College and St. Patrick's Cathedral, the tallest church in Ireland, before spending the rest of the day exploring the sights alone. Ramble through Temple Bar or Grafton Street, famous for its colorful street performers. This evening, consider joining an Optional Experience to a rousing Irish cabaret performance.
HotelClayton Ballsbridge, The Address Hotel Connolly
We Dive Into Culture this morning and gain insights into rearing world-class thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud established in 1946. Enjoy a guided walk through the farm and take some time to stroll through its tranquil Japanese Gardens, regarded as the best in Europe. Admire the imposing medieval castle at Kilkenny before some free time for lunch. Our next stop sees us Dive Into Culture yet again to witness the delicate craft of Waterford Crystal. We'll watch master crafters at work during a tour of the workshop and see the exquisitely crafted pieces in the showroom.
HotelWaterford Marina Hotel
An early start to our sightseeing today sees us cross the Irish Sea to Wales by ferry and continue our journey to the Welsh capital of Cardiff to view the Wales Millennium Center, National Assembly and historic Cardiff Castle, in the heart of the city. This evening, we Connect With Locals in the idyllic Welsh countryside, joining a local family for a Farewell Dinner Be My Guest experience. Visit the oldest and largest vineyard in Wales, you’ll learn how the Norris family are using sustainable farming practices and get to meet some of the resident animals that roam the land freely. You’ll enjoy a homemade meal, enchanting stories of rural life in Wales and warm Welsh hospitality, leaving with the knowledge that your visit supports the family in their efforts to farm sustainably.
HotelPark Inn by Radisson City Center
Say farewell to your traveling companions at the end of your vacation, as you prepare to fly home with wonderful memories.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- London: The services of a Brendan Vacations Local Host when you stay at Brendan Vacations's recommended London hotel
- London: Pick-up and drop-off when you stay at the Brendan Vacations recommended London hotel, booked through Brendan Vacations
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Irish Sea from Scotland to Northern Ireland
- Ferry across the Irish Sea from Ireland to South Wales
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- Cardiff: Enjoy a hearty Be My Guest Welsh dinner with a farming family and their animals in the beautiful award-winning vineyards of Wales.
- Dublin: Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world’s most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness.
- Kildare: Admire Ireland's finest thoroughbreds at the Irish National Stud Farm.
- Waterford: Learn how crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour.
- Gretna Green: Visit the famous spot where runaway lovers were married.
- Lake District: Drive through the hauntingly beautiful Lakes District, immortalized by literary greats of the Romantic Movement.
- Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Specialist as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the King, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Belfast: Join a Local Specialist to hear about the history of the city and learn of its progress and current prosperity. See the murals in different locations indicating the political sentiments of local residents.
- Dublin: A Local Specialist will show you Dublin's elegant Georgian squares, O'Connell Street and the Custom House.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales' capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- : Explore Edinburgh, Belfast and Dublin with a Local Specialist
- : Discover York, Glasgow, Cardiff and Bath
- : Visit Shakespeare's Birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, Gretna Green, Edinburgh Castle, Guinness Storehouse, the Irish National Stud and Japanese Garden, the Waterford Crystal Showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath and the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge
- : View York Minster, Glasgow Cathedral and George Square, City Hall in Belfast, Kilkenny Castle and Gardens
- : See the Principality Stadium in Cardiff
Park Inn by Radisson City Center
Waterford Marina Hotel
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20| BN#776064719 | TICO # R50025597 and W50025598