Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Savings any way you go
Save up to 12.5% on this itinerary. Click here for terms and conditions.
The cosmopolitan capital that is London is yours to explore today - the perfect launch pad to discover what's great about Great Britain. Spend the day relaxing in the Royal Parks, amble along the Thames or visit one of the many museums showcasing the art, culture and antiquities of what was once the British Empire.
Join a Local Specialist today for a memorable encounter with London's most iconic sights. See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey where Britain's kings and queens have been crowned for centuries. Spend the rest of the day exploring London on your terms - shop for the best of British on Carnaby Street, admire the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus or visit 'The City' with Christopher Wren's great St. Paul's Cathedral.
This morning meet your Travel Director. The 'Bard of Avon' and his legacy take centre stage as we travel to Stratford-upon-Avon to view Anne Hathaway's picturesque thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre before heading to York and Leeds, where we'll enjoy dinner at a local restaurant and get to know our Travel Director and travel companions.
MealsWelcome Reception, Breakfast
We venture north to the medieval market town of Alnwick with its impressive castle and Tenantry Column, upon which the Percy Lion sits imposingly overlooking the town's beautiful gardens. Enjoy a scenic drive north to the enchanting capital of Edinburgh. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, overlooking the town from Castle Rock. See the quaint Royal Mile, Palace of Holyroodhouse and Scottish Parliament building.
We continue north to the historic town of St. Andrews, home to one of the oldest golf courses in the world. View the famous 18th green which the golfing greats have clamoured to play on for centuries, before heading to picturesque Pitlochry and our overnight stop in the Scottish Highlands.
View the site of the bloody Battle of Culloden, where Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of Jacobites were defeated in 1746. Then meander through the scenic Scottish Highlands along the banks of Loch Ness in search of Nessie. We'll view the 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle where three lochs meet before travelling to the Isle of Skye where we dine in our hotel tonight.
Journey past the site of the tragic 1692 massacre at Glencoe, known as the 'Glen of Weeping' before heading to the Scottish cultural capital, Glasgow, where our orientation tour includes views of the Cathedral and the magnificent George Square, lined with statues of Great Britain's most celebrated sons.
HotelHilton Garden Inn City Centre/Park Inn by Radisson City Centre
We visit Falkirk Wheel where you'll Dive Into Culture learning about the legacy of Scotland's canals and experience the world's only rotating boat lift. The runaway wedding capital of Gretna Green is our next stop today. See where eloping couples would make their vows over the Marriage Anvil before crossing the border and arriving in Grasmere, where famous Romantic poet William Wordsworth wrote his famous 'Daffodils' poem. See Lake Windermere, England's largest lake, before arriving at your hotel.
HotelLancaster House/Castle Green
We travel to the bold British city of Liverpool, hometown of the 'Fab Four'. Saunter through its edgy Scouse streets and perhaps visit The Cavern Club, where the Beatles once played, during your evening at leisure.
HotelMercure Atlantic Tower
Travel to the ancient town of Chester where your orientation tour will take you past its Roman walls and famous Tudor 'Rows'. We continue along the scenic North Wales Coast to the island of Anglesey en route to Holyhead. Cross the Irish Sea to Dublin, the charismatic Irish capital.
Beat the crowds and gain entry to the Guinness Storehouse before general admission. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and embark on a tour and tasting technique demonstration. Later, we join a Local Specialist to see St. Patrick's Cathedral and other iconic sights. The rest of the day is yours to explore the Irish capital. Amble along Grafton Street with its colourful performers, head to Temple Bar or stroll through Phoenix Park, Dublin's playground.
This morning, cross the border to Northern Ireland. We meet our Local Specialist 'Cabbie' who will take us on a journey through the recent history of Belfast in their taxi. Spend the rest of the day at leisure perhaps exploring the Titanic Quarter to learn more about this ill-fated ship.
HotelPark Inn By Radisson
This morning, visit Giant's Causeway, an area of about 40,000 interlocking ballast columns, a UNESCO World Heritage site in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and one of the most iconic natural wonders in the United Kingdom. Our visit will Make Travel Matter by helping to conserve this iconic natural landmark. In Londonderry, walk along the 17th-century walls with your Local Specialist and see the streets and murals of the Bogside. Known as the People's Gallery, the murals depict the history of the 'troubles'. Later view the Donegal castle that was once the stronghold of the O'Donnell clan and stop to view the grave of W. B Yeats in Drumcliffe before continuing to your hotel where you will enjoy a dinner tonight.
HighlightsDonegal, Londonderry, Bushmills
This morning, we stop in Galway to see the stone Cathedral that was built on the site of an old prison, and stroll around Eyre Square with its tribute to John F. Kennedy.
We'll visit the dramatic Cliffs of Moher before travelling to Limerick to view St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and King John's Castle, the tallest spire in Ireland. Our drive continues through picturesque Adare, one of Ireland's prettiest villages, before arriving in Killarney, our home for the next two nights.
Today, we stop in Killarney on our way to the enchanting Ring of Kerry where Ireland's enduring natural beauty is our welcome companion as we circle past the fishing village of Waterville, Black Valley and Moll's Gap.
In pursuit of the 'gift of the gab', we kiss the Blarney Stone, before continuing to the House of Waterford Crystal where we will enjoy a fascinating Dive Into Culture demonstration with master craftsmen.
Cross the Irish Sea to Wales and continue your journey through beautiful countryside to arrive in its capital. Explore Cardiff's iconic sights - the Principality Stadium, Millennium Centre and Victorian fantasy Cardiff Castle at its heart.
HighlightsRosslare, Pembroke, Cardiff
Arriving in Bath, we admire the city's elegant Georgian façades and ancient Roman Baths from which it derives its name. Later we continue to Plymouth, our home for the next two nights.
Embark on an orientation tour and see the Royal Citadel and Mayflower Steps, where brave pilgrims embarked on their epic voyage to the New World centuries ago. Explore the Cornish peninsula and visit the seaside villages of Looe and Polperro. Tonight, we will Connect With Locals for a Farewell Dinner Be My Guest experience at a Cornish farm.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
The mystical ancient monoliths at Stonehenge are our first stop. Ponder their myths that remain largely unsolved before travelling to London.
Say goodbye to your fellow travellers as you leave London and return home with special memories.
- 22 breakfasts
- 8 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Brendan Vacations Local Host if you stay at Brendan Vacations's recommended London hotel
- Use of Brendan Vacations's London Reception Centre offering a range of services including tickets for day trips and local attractions
- Return ferry across the Irish Sea between Wales and Ireland
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page for details
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Explore Edinburgh, Dublin, Belfast and Londonderry with a Local Specialist
- Discover York, Glasgow, Chester, Sligo, Galway, Limerick, Cardiff, Bath, Plymouth and Salisbury
- Visit Shakespeare's birthplace in Stratford-upon-Avon, medieval Alnwick, Edinburgh Castle, Isle of Skye, Falkirk Wheel, the Giants Causeway, Blarney Castle to kiss the stone, Waterford Crystal Showroom, the Roman Baths in Bath and the ancient stone circle at Stonehenge
- View York Minster, Culloden Battlefield, Eilean Donan Castle, the 18th hole at St. Andrews, the magnificent Cliffs of Moher and the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth
- Scenic Drive around the Ring of Kerry and on a Cornish Excursion
- Connect with Locals Receive a warm welcome at a picturesque farmstead and indulge in hearty Be My Guest Cornish cuisine. (Day 21)
- Dive into Culture Visit Falkirk Wheel to learn about Scotland's canal system at the world's only rotating boat lift. (Day 9) Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world’s most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness. (Day 12) Learn how delicate Irish crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour. (Day 18)
- Make Travel Matter In Northern Ireland, where your visit to Giant's Causeway helps conserve this iconic natural landmark. (Day 14)
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre/Park Inn by Radisson City Centre
Lancaster House/Castle Green
Mercure Atlantic Tower
Park Inn By Radisson
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20