Explore your itinerary
For Canadian residents, please purchase this guided trip through our sister company, Trafalgar.
Learn about our enhanced hygiene standards and protocol here.
Get lost in the narrow lanes of Edinburgh – the Scottish capital with a mystical air that combines ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Spend your day at leisure delving into its rich history and embracing the warm culture of the Scots, before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception with a light meal and drinks.
Join your Local Specialist this morning for an intriguing sightseeing tour of the city. Ascend Castle Rock and visit Edinburgh Castle, which watches over the surrounding city from its elevated vantage point. Stroll through the Old Town along the Royal Mile and see the stunning Palace of Holyroodhouse before enjoying time at leisure to soak up the city's festive atmosphere. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Tread in the footsteps of the world's golfing greats and head to St. Andrews en route to the glorious Scottish Highlands. A scenic drive takes us north and across the Firth of Tay, past the city of Dundee to Pitlochry. After lunch, enjoy some free time to explore its river-side setting. Our day in beautiful surrounds comes to an end with a cosy dinner at our hotel located within the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.
HighlightsPitlochry, St Andrews, Scottish Highlands
Our first stop today sees us commemorate World War II history at the Commando Memorial near Fort William, from which we admire spectacular views of Britain's highest peak – Ben Nevis. Follow the Great Glen towards Fort Augustus where we stop to view Loch ness, keeping a keen eye out for the elusive ‘Nessie'. The soul-stirring sight of Eilean Donan Castle is our last stop on the mainland before we cross the bridge to the isle of Skye. The tragic battlefield of Culloden will be our final stop of the day, where we pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising.
HighlightsIsle of Skye
Our first stop today sees us commemorate World War II history at the Commando Memorial near Fort William, from which we admire spectacular views of Britain's highest peak – Ben Nevis. We journey through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Here we remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692. Continuing towards the River Clyde, we arrive at our final stop for the day – Glasgow.
HotelHilton Garden Inn City Centre
Journey to Stirling, to see its hilltop fortress, which stands as a symbol of national pride. Stirling Castle was once the seat of Scottish kings and queens, including Mary, Queen of Scots. View the Wallace Monument from the castle walls, paying tribute to the Scottish hero who fought for Scotland's independence. Later, join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard to Connect With Locals over a home-cooked Farewell Be My Guest experience, amidst tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes during lunch. Then head to Glengoyne whisky distillery. Here we'll Dive Into Culture and learn how whisky is made, followed by a chance to sample a wee dram.
MealsBreakfast, Be My Guest
The rugged beauty and warmth of Scotland’s people forever in your memory, we enjoy one last hearty breakfast with our travel companions before wishing them and your Travel Director a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 2 Dinners
- 6 Breakfasts
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Discover Glasgow and Stirling
- Explore Edinburgh with a Local Specialist
- View the 18th green at St Andrews, Eilean Donan Castle, Loch Ness, Glencoe, Necropolis and George Square in Glasgow
- Visit Edinburgh Castle, Pitlochry, the Isle of Skye, Glasgow Cathedral, Culloden Battlefield, Stirling Castle and Glengoyne whisky distillery in Glasgow
- Connect With Locals Join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard for a home-cooked Scottish Be My Guest lunch, tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
- Dive Into Culture Visit Glengoyne, known as Scotland's most beautiful whisky distillery, for a tour and a tasting of their unique Highland single malt whisky.
Brendan Vacations's Airport Transfers 2021-22
Hilton Garden Inn City Centre
*Price is per person, land only and based on double occupancy. Subject to availability; varies by inclusions and travel dates. CST#2084503-20